Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you allow your kids to eat snow?

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Replies (41-50):
sunflowers12
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Well, not the yellow or brown kind!! Lol
mrjonesii
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Really? I never heard of snow ice cream.

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Walmart sells ice cream like that....Seems like its called snow creme...Taste just like the real stuff to me

Quoting coolmommy2x:

They can catch it on their tongues. They are dying to try snow ice cream.

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:57 AM

No. You never know what is in it.  Bird poop, dog and cat poo, and pee. Not to mention chemicals from the cars and trucks that drive up and down the street.  If my kids are that thirsty that they feel they need to eat snow, it is time for them to go inside and get a glass of water in the kitchen.

MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:27 AM

It's like an ice cream like treat made out of snow. You put a bowl (larger than a cereal bowl, think cake mixing size) out when it starts to snow to collect it some clean snow and then add in a cup of white sugar, 2 cups milk, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract and mix it up. It's delicious!

Quoting SwtSnowflake2:

What is snow ice cream?

Quoting MaddieLainesMom:

We'll take the top layer off of things and make snow ice cream when we get enough to do it. Usually we don't, but my mom got some with this big storm and made some snow ice cream for DD for when we pass through tomorrow.

theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Quoting soymujer:

As long as it's not yellow or dirty, why not?

deadlights86
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:42 AM

As long as its just the top layer sure. I made them slushies the other day. I remember being in the after school program at school and they made us snow slushies.

mrjonesii
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM

K I will have to let the girls know to see if they want to try it. Thx.

Quoting MaddieLainesMom:

It's like an ice cream like treat made out of snow. You put a bowl (larger than a cereal bowl, think cake mixing size) out when it starts to snow to collect it some clean snow and then add in a cup of white sugar, 2 cups milk, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract and mix it up. It's delicious!

Quoting SwtSnowflake2:

What is snow ice cream?

Quoting MaddieLainesMom:

We'll take the top layer off of things and make snow ice cream when we get enough to do it. Usually we don't, but my mom got some with this big storm and made some snow ice cream for DD for when we pass through tomorrow.

bleumonster
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Our rule when I was a kid was you could if it was more than 2 inches deep and and the second snow. I don't know why the second one LOL. We rarely get snow here anyway. When we did get a good snow storm a couple of years ago and it was several inches deep, I did allow them to make snow cream.

lizzig
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM

well it's only snowed once since they were born & since it wasn't much & mixed with red clay i couldn't allow it.  if we ever were up north & they wanted to i'd let them try.  it's fun trying to catch snow flakes on your tongue.

makelineerror
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I put a bowl out and catch it for snow cream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN