Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg.. Gross. Help me please.

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:16 PM
  • 51 Replies
My son (7) will NOT wipe his butt after he goes poop. I have no idea what to do. It's so disgusting. Please help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephadams1107
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Make him wear a pull up until he learns.. Is it that he won't or that he doesn't do a good job?? My son who 7 does wipe but not very good sometimes!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Tess on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:01 PM
He wont at all, and pull ups aren't a big deal to him. He will wear them to school with no problem.

Quoting stephadams1107:

Make him wear a pull up until he learns.. Is it that he won't or that he doesn't do a good job?? My son who 7 does wipe but not very good sometimes!!
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM
4 moms liked this

Then start treating him like a baby and wipe his butt for him.  Along with this remind him of all of the things that a baby can not do, like play video games, watch certain tv shows, etc.

little.worthen
by Tess on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Whoa. Probably not gonna go that far! Lol
But the video game idea is a good one!

Quoting steelcrazy:

Then start treating him like a baby and wipe his butt for him.  Along with this remind him of all of the things that a baby can not do, like play video games, watch certain tv shows, etc.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I agree with threating him like a baby. He gets zero privacy and no big kid priviledges. No going to friend's houses ,"because who will wipe you if mommy isn't there?" Until he can wipe consistently for a specified amount of time.

You need to discuss WHY he oesnt wipe. Maybe flushable wet wipes would help for a while?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommieCotter42
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:50 PM
2 moms liked this
My 5 yr old was doing that it just took reminding her when she walked out of the restroom. We would say did you wipe your butt, did you wash your hands, did you flush. It finally stuck and I haven't had to throw out nasty undies.
janitablue
by Janita on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I agreed with everyone comments my husband let our son wash his clothes. I  occasionally buy baby wipes and place it near the toilet paper so he can used it to wipe his butt. Hugs and good luck

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
We use baby wipes or flushables. That can sometimes help. Maybr do a sticker chart like when potty training to earn privileges back.
loveeeyore
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:09 PM

DO NOT treat him like a baby that could backfire, he may like it! Just reteach him how to do it !

Jazmyn1
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Geesh thats rediculous dont treat him like that. Maybe its hard for him to reach back there maybe watch him when he goes i know thats kind of icky and gives him no privacy but explain his bottom will start hurting if he doesnt and it will start to smell and other ppl will notice now obviously do this in a nice calm voice not demeaning or anything just tell him the facts and maybe it will be easier to wipe from the front if he cant reach back or maybe he is in a hurry to get back to playing or whatever idk good luck tho

Quoting little.worthen:

Whoa. Probably not gonna go that far! Lol

But the video game idea is a good one!

Quoting steelcrazy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)