Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

happy new yearWhat is your best memory from the past year?

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Replies (31-32):
lizzig
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM

having our first family vacation.  well it was actually a staycation but we still got to spend 3 days of uninterrupted family time together.  hubby's a work-aholic & rarely gets more than a day off here & there.  having him all to ourselves for three days without his bosses calling for anything was fabulous.  we stayed home & did things around town we've always wanted to do but were never able to; world of coke, the aquarium, zoo, stone mountain.  it was great!

Lynn750
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Our family vacation to CA in October.  We went to Universal Studios for two days with my DH's brother, his wife, and their two kids, who are my kids' ages.  When we checked out of the hotel, a tv show was being filmed in the parking lot.  They were filming in the hotel's office, so the continental breakfast wasn't available.  One of the film crew said we could have whatever we wanted from the catered breakfast the film crew had set up.  Way better than the muffins and pastries from the hotel!

We went to Knott's Berry Farm, and ran into our neighbors, who we didn't know would be there.  We went on several rides with them, and the park was very empty!!  We took the kids to Medieval Times for dinner, and they had a great time!

We also went to CA Adventure for the first time.  The crowds were horrible, and the Cars ride broke down for hours, but it was a lot of fun.  My 11 year old DS went on all the big, fast roller coasters with me, and it was sooo fun!  My 8 year old DD isn't quite ready for that yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)