Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

??QOTD?? 1/1/13

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 27 Replies

How long will it take you to be able to write 2013 on checks and stuff??

ANY good New Year's Eve stories?

Cindy

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Ahaha! I don't write checks, so I think I'll be ok, but for everything else probably a while. My sister, dd and I went to the city and we watched some live bands. I was surprised that I REALLY enjoyed the one local band, they were flipping amazing! And the headlining band, the trews, was good, I realized that they sang a lot of songs that I liked and I didn't know it. But we all had a good time and as soon as midnight came the big snow storm hit lol so driving home was fun! 2013 let it be known that it was here that's for sure!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM
i usually do pretty good right away with writing the correct year on things. i'll have issues in march or so. for some reason a few months into the new year i always go back to writing the old year for a bit.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

We went to the NEw Years Eve service at church yesterday.  DH & I watched a movie and I was in bed w the light off by 11:15. LOL  Pretty lame New Years Eve!

soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Since we don't write checks, quite a while!

family in the van   Mom of four

hplesha
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I don't write checks either, but it might take me a few months being as i hardly have any paperwork to fill out either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8WillBLast
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

It will take a while I'm sure!  We stayed home. Had a few people over.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

With or without concentrating to do so? : )  It usually takes me a couple weeks.

No real stories from last night. Ds2 did make "2013" out of Legos- he made it during the day, then hid it from us until midnight when he "unveiled" it : )

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM

A long freakin time, like months.  I typically write only one check per month, we have one monthly bill that can't be paid electronically.  I also have to write checks from the PTA account.  Not to mention all of the documents that I have to date.  It is shocking how long it takes me to get into the groove and it is even funnier that I get it right on some of the docs/checks in my stack, but mess it up on others.  lol

We had friends over to play games, eat, and drink.  Funniest thing is that I got a text from someone and I have no idea who it is.  We spent half the night texting back with this person trying to slyly figure out who they are.  Still no clue.  lol

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
It will take me a while probably.

We stayed in. J asked about every 3 minutes if it was time yet. She was anticipating the ball dropping!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Quoting jaytee:

It will take me a while probably.

We stayed in. J asked about every 3 minutes if it was time yet. She was anticipating the ball dropping!

The "ball dropping" sounds so funny to me now.  In Pittsburgh our ball rises on the new year to signify hope and prosperity in the future.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)