Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How often do you call/text your mom or dad? What about your grandparents?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Replies (21-30):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:35 PM

My grandparents all passed away several yrs ago, so calling them is a bit difficult : )

I don't call my parents often enough; maybe once every 1-2 months. None of us text. My mom does write to me once a week, though.

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I talk to my mom usually once a week at the least.

My grandmothers I talk to once every 1-2 months

My dad I talk to when I see him unless he answers the phone at my parents house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelyuna20
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I call/text my mom usually about 1-3 times a week. Dad calls me from time to time. Don't really call my grandparents except around the kids birthdays to invite them to the party.

lizzig
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:47 PM

i have no living grandparents & no relatioship with my father.  i talk to my mom at least once a week though.

KME3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Dad and grandma I text weekly. my mom lives with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I am sorry to be a debbie downer. My mom passed on January 17 2011 and father "April 2011. When they were alive I would called them on the weekend. I visited my grandmother last three weeks.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I rarely speak to my dad. I speak to my mom at least once a week. My grandparents daily

soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:56 PM

My parents don't text.  I am making a new resolution to call my dad once a week and my mom too.  I don't have the greatest relationship with either.  My grandparents are dead but I'd call her everyday if heaven had a phone.

family in the van   Mom of four

mamacalifornia
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:20 AM

My parents basically every day, my grandparents it just depends.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I wouldn't be able to text my parents and grandparents, but I used to call them every week. I went and spent time with my grandmother every day. I would spend a couple of days a week with my mom. 

They are both dead now though. I miss those visits. 

I really can't recall how much time I actually had to myself back then. I don't think I did ever have "me" time, but I loved it, and it was by my own decision to not have 'me' time. I really loved spending time with my maternal grandma. She was a sassy woman. We got along so well. My mom and I had a really good relationship as well. I'm hoping to have a good relationship with my son as well. Only time will tell about that. Plus how things go from now until then, of course.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN