Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

7 year olds & TV

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM
  • 27 Replies

Hi, I'm new to this group. I have a question for moms with 7/8 year olds. What TV shows do your kids like & you allow them to watch? My DS was never interested in TV much until recently. I've watched some of the shows that he thinks are "cool" but some of them I don't feel are age appropriate. Just wanting to get some ideas. Thanks!

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM

My son recently turned 9.  He likes Ben 10, Star Wars Clone Wars, Regular Show, and Dumbest Stuff on Wheels.

Momyplease
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM
my 6.5 years old like the disney stuff and he watch my little pony. but we only have netflix. I dont let him watch regulsr tv. all the crazy advertisement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TroyboysMom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM

My son is 8 and he likes Chopped. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

DD is 6 and she likes to watch all the girlier shows but she also loves scooby doo, the old school looney tunes, tom n jerry.  She does not watch any of the tween or teen stuff on nick/disney/abc family etc.

ash522
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Quoting Momyplease:

my 6.5 years old like the disney stuff and he watch my little pony. but we only have netflix. I dont let him watch regulsr tv. all the crazy advertisement.

We only have Netflix as well. I hate advertisements!!

ash522
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

DD is 6 and she likes to watch all the girlier shows but she also loves scooby doo, the old school looney tunes, tom n jerry.  She does not watch any of the tween or teen stuff on nick/disney/abc family etc.

DS keeps wanting to watch what I would describe as the tween shows but I don't really feel they are appropriate for him yet. I wish he would watch the classics! 

Momyplease
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I love netflix you can control it and your child wont be mind washed with all the stupid useless toy offerings.

Quoting ash522:

Quoting Momyplease:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Quoting ash522:

Quoting frndlyfn:

DS keeps wanting to watch what I would describe as the tween shows but I don't really feel they are appropriate for him yet. I wish he would watch the classics! 

It is hard to time the tv viewing since the classics here are on while she is at school and then the garbage comes on.  Has he tried PBS channel yet?  They have shows for all ages for their PBS kids and i havent seen anything bad yet, some gross stuff sure but it was a nature episode lol.

Hafsa1
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:29 PM
My ds is 7 and he likes johnny test, spongebob, shaun the sheep, ben10, and some other things I can't remember.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ash522
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Agreed!

Quoting Momyplease:

I love netflix you can control it and your child wont be mind washed with all the stupid useless toy offerings.

Quoting ash522:

Quoting Momyplease:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN