Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

School breakfast?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 81 Replies
Does your childs school serve breakfast? Honestly when I found out my sons school did I found it strange. As a kid I always ate at home as does my boys.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
addykarder19
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM
mine does, but its mostly the country kids who have to get up earlier to get on the bus that eat it.. and kids whose parents are too lazy to make them breakfast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM

They do, but my children have never had it.  I'm not even exactly sure what the price of breakfast is.

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep.  They love eating breakfast there.  They get to hang out with friends before class.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Ours does.  Schools want to make sure that children have a good start to their day and it helps parents that may not be able to prepare breakfast for their children.  I know in our school, alot of hte students use that as extra social time with friends.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM
My boys eat breakfast at school most days, sometimes they eat breakfast at home.
jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM
The price comes home with the lunch menu. I think it's around 90 cents or so for us. But I pack my sons lunch and he eats breakfast at home.

Quoting steelcrazy:

They do, but my children have never had it.  I'm not even exactly sure what the price of breakfast is.

Malley
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine eats breakfast at school. I eat at my school sometimes. The cook makes the best biscuits ever lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:12 PM
So on days they eat breakfast at school do they go in earlier? Or did they just go to class alittle later on those days?

Quoting diaperstodating:

My boys eat breakfast at school most days, sometimes they eat breakfast at home.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Sorry, but not every school follows the same procedures as yours.  I know that is shocking to you.  We don't get a lunch menu sent home, it is online and the price isn't listed on the menu, but thanks for telling me where to find it for your kids.  *smh*

Quoting jen113000:

The price comes home with the lunch menu. I think it's around 90 cents or so for us. But I pack my sons lunch and he eats breakfast at home.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Malley
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM
My son has to be at morning care by 7 because I teach at an early school. He gets the school breakfast about 8:30. I either give him a light breakfast or a Carnation Instant at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)