Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
Does your childs school serve breakfast? Honestly when I found out my sons school did I found it strange. As a kid I always ate at home as does my boys.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I know that. Was just trying to make conversation geez.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Sorry, but not every school follows the same procedures as yours.  I know that is shocking to you.  We don't get a lunch menu sent home, it is online and the price isn't listed on the menu, but thanks for telling me where to find it for your kids.  *smh*

Quoting jen113000:

The price comes home with the lunch menu. I think it's around 90 cents or so for us. But I pack my sons lunch and he eats breakfast at home.

Quoting steelcrazy:

They do, but my children have never had it.  I'm not even exactly sure what the price of breakfast is.

MommyBoha
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Yes. Both schools my kids have attended did. WHen I was in school, bfast was served. At my kids old school, everyone gets free breakfast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:17 PM
That's awesome that it's free!

Quoting MommyBoha:

Yes. Both schools my kids have attended did. WHen I was in school, bfast was served. At my kids old school, everyone gets free breakfast
k1kelley
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM

My DD sometimes eats breakfast at school. She rides the bus and those who eat breakfast get off the bus 10 minutes earlier than everyone else.

Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM

My kids don't eat school breakfast - they eat at home.  :)

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM

You don't have to make a stupid reply to make conversation.  Not to mention that there were quite a few other members that you could have quoted and said something intelligent to instead of telling me where to find the breakfast price for my kids who don't live in NJ or even go to the same school as your kids for that matter.  And I know that you know this.

I'm guessing you are behind and am using me to play catch up.  Too bad I'm ahead of the game. :)

Quoting jen113000:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Sorry, but not every school follows the same procedures as yours.  I know that is shocking to you.  We don't get a lunch menu sent home, it is online and the price isn't listed on the menu, but thanks for telling me where to find it for your kids.  *smh*

Quoting jen113000:

The price comes home with the lunch menu. I think it's around 90 cents or so for us. But I pack my sons lunch and he eats breakfast at home.

Quoting steelcrazy:

They do, but my children have never had it.  I'm not even exactly sure what the price of breakfast is.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM
That's interesting. My son has never had interest in having breakfast at school but if he ever did I would have to ask about that.

Quoting k1kelley:

My DD sometimes eats breakfast at school. She rides the bus and those who eat breakfast get off the bus 10 minutes earlier than everyone else.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Thanks for calling my reply stupid. Real nice.. And actually no. But I don't need to explain myself to you..

Quoting steelcrazy:

You don't have to make a stupid reply to make conversation.  Not to mention that there were quite a few other members that you could have quoted and said something intelligent to instead of telling me where to find the breakfast price for my kids who don't live in NJ or even go to the same school as your kids for that matter.  And I know that you know this.

I'm guessing you are behind and am using me to play catch up.  Too bad I'm ahead of the game. :)

Quoting jen113000:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting jen113000:

Quoting steelcrazy:

kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Our school offers breakfast and sometimes my daughter does eat. She goes at 745 eats and goes to class at like 815. Just depends. She hasnt wanted to eat breakfast as much this year as in the past im guessing its not as satisfying and maybe shes hungrier than if she eats at home. Since i wont limit how much she eats like the school will. Id rather her be good and full than still be hungry or not get enough lunch too and come home starving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM
They (my second grader and Pre K) are allowed to eat breakfast in their classrooms.
I work at a before school care, I go to work at 6:45. My mom comes to my house and wakes my boys up, gets them ready, and on the bus. When they eat breakfast at school it's one less thing for her to do in the morning.

Quoting jen113000:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN