Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your childs school serve breakfast? Honestly when I found out my sons school did I found it strange. As a kid I always ate at home as does my boys.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
ohmandy
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

when i was in school i LOVED getting breakfast sandwiches (well, middle and high school).  i dont remember kindergarten.  ds isnt in school yet (im here cause he's 5 haha)

1plustwinsmommy
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Steelcrazy-Good grief. Is someone pms-ing? Why'd you bite the poor girl's head off?

Quoting jen113000:

Thanks for calling my reply stupid. Real nice.. And actually no. But I don't need to explain myself to you..

Quoting steelcrazy:

You don't have to make a stupid reply to make conversation.  Not to mention that there were quite a few other members that you could have quoted and said something intelligent to instead of telling me where to find the breakfast price for my kids who don't live in NJ or even go to the same school as your kids for that matter.  And I know that you know this.

I'm guessing you are behind and am using me to play catch up.  Too bad I'm ahead of the game. :)

Quoting jen113000:

I know that. Was just trying to make conversation geez.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Sorry, but not every school follows the same procedures as yours.  I know that is shocking to you.  We don't get a lunch menu sent home, it is online and the price isn't listed on the menu, but thanks for telling me where to find it for your kids.  *smh*

Quoting jen113000:

The price comes home with the lunch menu. I think it's around 90 cents or so for us. But I pack my sons lunch and he eats breakfast at home.

Quoting steelcrazy:

They do, but my children have never had it.  I'm not even exactly sure what the price of breakfast is.

AA2.0
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I just looked at the breakfast calendar to see what they're having next week at DD's school.

Monday - Assorted cereal with toast or pancake on a stick with syrup, assorted juices

Tuesday - Assorted cereal with toast or french toast sticks with syrup, assorted juices

Wednesday - Sausage links, grits, toast with jelly, assorted juices

Thursday - Assorted cereal with toast or muffin, assorted juices, fresh fruit

Friday - Ham omelette, biscuit with jelly, assorted juices

So most days, school offers a better breakfast than I have time to prepare in the morning before the bus. lol

aj23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:50 PM
My son always eats breakfast at school. He gets on the bus at 6, at school at 7:15 and eats breakfast then goes to the gym until 7:40 then goes to his class.
He likes eating at school and I like letting him sleep later so it works for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM

They do but she always eats at home

robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:35 AM
My sons school has it and my school had it when when I was younger, I didn't know schools didn't have breakfast. My son doesn't eat it because its pretty much impossible to get him to school that early.
TroyboysMom
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I don't actually know. I should probably find out.

theresaphilly
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM

My kid's school offers breakfast for kids who need it and for children who participate in the "Early Bird" programs. But my kids eat at home.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Our county and surrounding counties offer breakfast. Here in our county, breakfast is free to any child that wants to eat. Breakfast is served starting at around 7:20 and our class starts at 7:45.

My son eats at home or in the car on the way to school since we have about a half hour commute.
ARPsMom
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Every kid at my sons school gets served breakfast. Usually it's a piece of fruit and string cheese or cereal. He usually eats something small before he gets on the bus though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)