Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you clean your child room?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok you might think I am crazy . My son is eight years old of course I give him the responsible of maintain clean bedroom. Every so often I would clean it. You would be surprise what I find. The main reason is really keep abreast what goes on his room from removing old clothes or finding food wrappers when he is not suppose to be eating in his room. 

So Do you clean your child room?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:54 PM

NO, I do not clean their rooms.  They are completely responsible for their own rooms and if they choose to live in a pig stye, so be it.  I just shut the door and don't go in.  I am not kidding about this at all.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM

They clean their rooms, I do the extra's

jen2150
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Yes and no.  It is their responsibility but sometimes they ask for help and I always tell them families work together.  If I come and help them they will come and help me do mine.  Sometimes kids just want to work together.

signingmama2915
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM

When we reorganize or change something around I will clean my older ds' room, but thats usually the only reason. My little guy I still clean his room, I try to get him to help and usually will a little bit but not much (20 months old).

Momyplease
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM
ohh my don is 6 and we clean his room together. I just falling in this issue. He is not doing well cleaning alone. pluse he spend all his time being my shadow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM

They all clean their rooms

family in the van   Mom of four

mommaslilmen
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM

My boys clean their own room. I'll go through and touch up while they are at their fathers and take out old/broken toys, but thats it. oh and i put their laundry away. they are still just a little too young and just throw clothes in their dresser

TroyboysMom
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Ds is 8. He is responsible for maintaining his room and keeping it clean. I occasionally supervise in a "checking in" kind of way, or look in after he's tidied. Every so often we sort through clothes and other items as they are put away to dispose of broken/incomplete items, but nothing is really "hidden" in his room. Everything is out in the open and easily seen, so I know whether or not it is actually clean.

endurablemist
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Same here. Execept once or twice a year we go through toys to get rid of broken or unused ones.

Quoting steelcrazy:

NO, I do not clean their rooms.  They are completely responsible for their own rooms and if they choose to live in a pig stye, so be it.  I just shut the door and don't go in.  I am not kidding about this at all.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doodles181
by Jennifer on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Only for the exact same reasons! LOL. My son is also 8! :-[

Quoting janitablue:

Ok you might think I am crazy . My son is eight years old of course I give him the responsible of maintain clean bedroom. Every so often I would clean it. You would be surprise what I find. The main reason is really keep abreast what goes on his room from removing old clothes or finding food wrappers when he is not suppose to be eating in his room. 

So Do you clean your child room?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN