Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you clean your child room?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok you might think I am crazy . My son is eight years old of course I give him the responsible of maintain clean bedroom. Every so often I would clean it. You would be surprise what I find. The main reason is really keep abreast what goes on his room from removing old clothes or finding food wrappers when he is not suppose to be eating in his room. 

So Do you clean your child room?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:09 PM

No, I do not clean his room.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I help clean her room. I don't do it all. I vacuum and dust but they keep it picked up.

momtoonein06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I vacuum and dust his room. I make sure things are in order. He only sleeps in his room, he don't play in there so it don't get messy. He puts his clothes in his hamper. He is almost 7. He has a playroom, that he keeps clean. 

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM
No ten yr old does it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Nope. My kids are 13, 8, and 5. They clean their own rooms weekly. This includes vacuuming and dusting. The only thing I do is change their sheets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Yes and no. He picks up, makes his bed and vacuums everyday, but when he is at camp I do a very deep clean of everything. I get rid of toys and clothes.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:49 PM

They pick up toys, but I still help dd on occasion.

I do the vacuuming.

sunflowers12
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM

yep sure do, and my kids are all older then yours.. i really do not understand the big deal with clean anything including their rooms, but it seems many have a problem with it not me.. i would rather do it .. they can do other things such as put their clothes away and stuff like that... having a clean home should be a necessity not an option to me!!

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Ido sometimes

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:34 PM
The kids clean their own rooms weekly or as needed.

However, I do deep clean WITH them 2~3x a year. DD tends to stuff/hide things then gets overwhelmed with all the little stuff. I will go in, scoop up a small bucket of stuff and then she puts that aeay, and we refill the bucket so it isn't so overwhelming.

In general I dont care but every so often we get down and dirty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN