Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you clean your child room?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok you might think I am crazy . My son is eight years old of course I give him the responsible of maintain clean bedroom. Every so often I would clean it. You would be surprise what I find. The main reason is really keep abreast what goes on his room from removing old clothes or finding food wrappers when he is not suppose to be eating in his room. 

So Do you clean your child room?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Replies (41-50):
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM

No, they make the mess, they clean it up. They are responsible for their own rooms.

NCISfan2003
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is almost 7 and he cleans his own room. I am not his flipping maid.

prplpolkadts
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I only clean their room or help them clean when it needs a lot done, like going through old toys, throwing out trash, whatever...once a week I do wash all their sheets and blankets so I will straighten their room up then, but they are responsible for most of it.  They have a place for everything they own, so it is easy for them to keep up on as long as they do it like they should.

kcgroves
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:15 PM

If the room has gotten out of control messy I will go in and help with it some. For the most part though my kids are expected to keep their rooms clean themselves.

Want to know how I can help you save money or make money? Feel free to PM me for info.

mrjonesii
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I make my 7 year old maintain her room. Normally when we're on school break I clean her room top to bottom and she help me.

jordonmasonmom
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM

My boys clean thier room and yes i come behind them and redo certain things the way i want them done.

Treysmomma0322
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM
My DS is 5 and he likes to clean is room. But I do once in a While clean his room Normally when I was his sheets and we Both go through his clothes and Toys and donate them to a local Orphanage.
stacey541
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Mine are 3 and 4-they do the picking up every night, and every weekend I sit down in their room with them and we go through their rooms and do a really good clean (under the bed, organize the bins by toy type, ect.)

Vhx
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Yep, if she wants help. oDD is not a neat person, but like me, definitely a sanitary one. She thinks nothing of her stuff being disorderly (just like me as well!), but she'd be horrified at the thought of a dish rotting in her room.

If she wants help straightening it she asks and I'm happy to do it or help. Otherwise, she does or doesn't herself. I'm not going to ego-trip and impose my will on her space as long as it's sanitary. Organized or not, neat or not, that's her thing.

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I help too. I'm trying. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)