Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you clean your child room?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok you might think I am crazy . My son is eight years old of course I give him the responsible of maintain clean bedroom. Every so often I would clean it. You would be surprise what I find. The main reason is really keep abreast what goes on his room from removing old clothes or finding food wrappers when he is not suppose to be eating in his room. 

So Do you clean your child room?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Replies (51-59):
Cjennie30
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Yes I clean my 5 yr old's room.

chinosruca
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Not really. On occaision I help, but my 9yo and 2yo dd's both are pretty good about cleaning up. I moght have to remind them, but they do pretty good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM

A couple of times a year we do a deep clean together - take everything out of the closet, go through everything, get rid of what's broken, isn't played with, doesn't fit, and rearrange everything that's left, go through the dresser and under the bed (loft bed so storage/play area underneath) and do the same thing.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:36 AM

My son is 3 will be 4 this month. I still clean his room. When I hold him responsible to clean his own room though the only thing I will be doing is checking his room for cleanliness. Of course, the first couple of times I will be to help if he needs it. I don't want him to think that I don't trust him to do the job right, but he can't know how to do the job right if he isn't shown how to do it.

AnGLInterrupted
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Sometimes.  I go in and organize things and clean the rugs, change the sheets out..  things of that nature.  But picking up her toys.. that's HER job!

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I clean it every 2 weeks, if not they would not have socks and undies lol, other then that they can live in filth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandalyn74
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:22 AM

My son is 7 and he is responsible for cleaning his own room.  But I am an organizing nut so about once a month I go in there and help him clean it so we can make sure toys are going in the right bin instead of wherever he decides to put it when he is cleaning.  And also to get rid of broken toys or to thin out some things that he doesn't play with as much.  So I guess I make him clean it and what I really do is organize it.

markswife03
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I do the deep cleaning and organizing. I admit I probably do more than I should, because I want it done right. lol

corrinacs
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM

For the same reason you describe.  Caden hasn't had too many intersting things but I do run in there from time to time to clean things up a little bit more :).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)