Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 9 yr old wants an ipad ???

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 38 Replies

are these kids friendly and whats a good name brand and price ?

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Ipad is Ipad its apple my son has had one since he was 8.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:37 AM
His 399. And mine was 699
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Personally, if my children wanted a big ticket item like that I would insist that they save up for it. They will respect it a lot more and treat it better if they spend their own money on it.

I don't like my iPad, I would rather have an android or windows tablet, cheaper and they play FLASH where the iPad doesn't so a lot of videos you can't see on the iPad.

ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM
4 moms liked this
Bump, i would never buy my 9 year anything that costs hundreds of dollars, like the $500+ range. Or something that can so easily search the web. Too much online freedom for me. No way. I have responsible kids too. I would, AT MOST get them an ipod touch. My 10 year old cousin has one and it's perfect for him.
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Personally, if my children wanted a big ticket item like that I would insist that they save up for it. They will respect it a lot more and treat it better if they spend their own money on it.

I don't like my iPad, I would rather have an android or windows tablet, cheaper and they play FLASH where the iPad doesn't so a lot of videos you can't see on the iPad.

Yeah, my iPad was my first Apple product besides a traditional iPod, and I'm not thrilled with it either. I wish it played Flash. It really limits the internet. Since buying it, I've come to realize I just don't like Apple products at all. I don't get why so many people like them. I wish I had waited and bought an Android tablet instead. My next one will definitely be Android based.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Bump, i would never buy my 9 year anything that costs hundreds of dollars, like the $500+ range. Or something that can so easily search the web. Too much online freedom for me. No way. I have responsible kids too. I would, AT MOST get them an ipod touch. My 10 year old cousin has one and it's perfect for him.

You can get iPads cheaper than $500.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Yeah, my iPad was my first Apple product besides a traditional iPod, and I'm not thrilled with it either. I wish it played Flash. It really limits the internet. Since buying it, I've come to realize I just don't like Apple products at all. I don't get why so many people like them. I wish I had waited and bought an Android tablet instead. My next one will definitely be Android based.

I had the same experience. I have an iPod and love it but it is the only apply product that I do like.

I live windows based item.  I'm getting the new Nokia 920 phone in a couple of weeks. It is a windows phone, I've got an android that I hate.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

iPads are about as kid friendly as a smart phone. It's up to you to decide if you want your 9 yo to have an electronic item like that, and it's up to you to decide whether your 9 yo is responsible enough to own one.

I don't think my son would have been responsible enough at 9. We have a family iPad that we all use. I'd probably buy one for the family instead of buying one specifically for my 9 yo.

sweetmissy_05
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

My 9 year old DS got an Ipod Touch for Christmas from his dad...he loves it.  

ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this
$400 ($399) is too much imo too. Anything that is hundreds of dollars is just not something i would get my kid.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

You can get iPads cheaper than $500.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)