Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

i feel soooo guilty...

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:26 PM
  • 12 Replies
So my 5 year old ds and i went the park with my friend and her two kids today. just as we were getting ready to go my ds slipped on those curved jungle gym bars and hit the back of his head. he was crying and bleeding... we got it to stop bleeding and the cuts not too bad, and he had no signs of a concussion, i just keep feeling like a terrible failure as a mom like i should have more or could have done sonething to prevent it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joshlor2
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM
It's am accident! Kids are prone to have them. My oldests first ER trip was because he weaseled himself out of the buckle in the shopping cart and fell out. He was 10 months old. He did it again at 14 months. Needless to say he didn't ride in shopping carts after that. LOL
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM

He will be fine.  Just keep an eye in case of concussion.  An ice pack usually will fix head owies.

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Your not a bad mom it was an accident. When my boys where little I knew the er staff by name.
supermomz25
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM

don't feel guilty, kids fall all the time. he will be fine.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM

You can't wrap them in bubble wrap.  Kids play hard and get hurt, it's part of the territory.  All you can do is clean them up, give them a kiss, and send them on their way.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! Trust me, this won't be the first time he gets hurt.

Quoting steelcrazy:

You can't wrap them in bubble wrap.  Kids play hard and get hurt, it's part of the territory.  All you can do is clean them up, give them a kiss, and send them on their way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Don't feel guilty- kids have accidents and get hurt. It's part of growing up. As much as some moms would like to, we can't wrap our kids in buble-wrap and protect them from every bump, scrape, and bruise.

story0702
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Yep what she said .

Quoting wakymom:

Don't feel guilty- kids have accidents and get hurt. It's part of growing up. As much as some moms would like to, we can't wrap our kids in buble-wrap and protect them from every bump, scrape, and bruise.

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Don't feel bad, it happens. My ds climbed out of the bathtub at a little over 2 and slipped and cut his eyelid open and had to have it glued back together. 

othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Things like that happen. I am glad it wasn't serious

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)