Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

DS left for school crying :-(

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM
  • 14 Replies
So we had a rough morning to say the least!! He started crying when I woke him up (I think he fell asleep late.... Put him in bed at 9 but I think he stayed awake)

then getting dressed he had a flip out because he already had an under shirt on so "why did I give him another one?" so I had to explain the one he was wearing was dirty then he asked if I made him a lunch I said yes and he started crying his eyes out because he wanted to buy today!!! I told him he can buy tomorrow and I said go brush your teeth he stomped to the bathroom and slammed the door

so we go out to the bus and I tell him I love him and he gave me his "mad face" and I said "no matter how mad you are you always tell your mommy you love her before you leave because you never know what could happen before you see her again!!" Which is the same thing my mom told me when I was young and he started crying and wouldn't let go of me.... We've had this talk before I truly believe its a bad omen to not say I love you. I know he'll be fine but seeing his sad little face in the bus window as he drove away broke my heart.

Damn is it 3:30 yet I want me baby
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoahsCoolMama
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Do you think maybe he wasn't feeling good? My son was not happy about going back to school today after having 2 weeks off for Christmas break, but he definitely did not cry. If he would've cried, I probably would've thought maybe he was coming down with something.

ruby_jewel_04
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I hate days like that. Hopefully he doesn't give his teacher a bad time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM
No he get emotional when he's over tired... I think Mondays are hardest of the little ones lol

Quoting NoahsCoolMama:

Do you think maybe he wasn't feeling good? My son was not happy about going back to school today after having 2 weeks off for Christmas break, but he definitely did not cry. If he would've cried, I probably would've thought maybe he was coming down with something.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Put him to bed early tonight and all will be right with the world tomorrow morning.  You may want to consider moving his bedtime up permanently, the little ones (kindy - 2nd grade) really need 10-11 hours of sleep a night.

BTW - I would never force my child to tell me that they love me or even tell them that they don't know what will happen to me before they see me again.  Why would you do that to your child who is already upset?

AnGLInterrupted
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Aww I'm sorry momma!  (hugs)

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I didn't force him I just explained the importance of it.... DH left in a mood this morning too and called be right away to say sorry and that he loves me!! The truth is you never know what will happen and I make sure my family knows I love them

Quoting steelcrazy:

Put him to bed early tonight and all will be right with the world tomorrow morning.  You may want to consider moving his bedtime up permanently, the little ones (kindy - 2nd grade) really need 10-11 hours of sleep a night.

BTW - I would never force my child to tell me that they love me or even tell them that they don't know what will happen to me before they see me again.  Why would you do that to your child who is already upset?

ProudMommy51006
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Those mornings are the worst. Last year when dd was in kindergarten, dd went to school crying one day and i felt so bad. I emailed her teacher to check on her and she said she was doing great, that as soon as she saw her friend she was all better. I felt much better knowing she wasn't still upset.
LilliesValley
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Mornings are just like that sometimes. I made sure to put my daughter to bed last night at 7 (her normal bedtime is 7:30) because I didn't want issues this morning. We always say I love you and there was once where she was mad and didn't want to tell me I love you and I gave a similar speech. I don't think you did anything wrong, except be a mom and give a teachable moment.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM

No, you don't ever know what will happen.  Unfortunately, you now have a little kid who is fearful that something is going to happen to his mom while he is at school.  That can really backfire on you and cause serious issues to the point that he will not leave you for any reason.  Do you really want that?  Also remember that there is a huge mentality difference between your husband and your son, or at least I hope that there is.  Your husband understands what you mean about 'you never know what will happen', but a 5 year old doesn't.

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

I didn't force him I just explained the importance of it.... DH left in a mood this morning too and called be right away to say sorry and that he loves me!! The truth is you never know what will happen and I make sure my family knows I love them

Quoting steelcrazy:

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Mine cried all the way to school this morning. He is in first grade. Mondays are the worst with him. He is a huge mama's boy and getting back into the routine after two weeks off threw him.

Hope you guys have a better day tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)