Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Physical activities outside of school S/O

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 61 Replies
What do your kids do for exercise? Being that it is obvious our schools don't provide much in way of Physical Education, it is important.kids get out there and move.

I am so blessed to live near Waikiki Beach, Kapiolani Park, the Hononolu Zoo and many other areas we can enjoy outdoors all year round. My husband and 9yo daughter surfs when the waves are up. We go on family bike rides, walk to the park to play and we have a family membership at thw YMCA. We are pretty active.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2beautiesnb
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Dance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM

We play outside but don't do any classes or anything structured. We have a pool so we are swimming all summer. 

soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM

They are out for sports and I don't let them sit around the house playing video games or watch tv.  When weather is nice, they ride their bikes.

family in the van   Mom of four

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Karate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sj218
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:28 PM
My 9yo plays baseball, soccer and basketball plus he's in jui jitsu and karate. He also golfs and plays tennis, but only for fun. If he could have practice every day, he'd be thrilled. Activity is not an issue for him!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JodiPaulachak
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM

My daughter does all star cheer she is 8 and my son who is 4 does tumbling and we play outside alot :)

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:44 PM

We are in pacific northwest so winter time is yucky weather time.  We try to go to stores just to walk around in a dry place.  DD is 6 so she has outgrown most of the play areas here that are indoors.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Just normal play :) they don't own any video games, sooo they are usually running around the playing something.

Were thinking about karate for my 6yo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Our elementery school has gym class 3 days a week and outside recess. Outside of school my kids are on a wrestling team, football and dance. When it is summer we are at the lake boating, swimming, canoeing, and fishing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:35 PM

My daughter is on a dance company and dances about 15 hours a week AND has PE every day.  My son's play club basketball and football and so are at practice about 10 hours a week plus games.  They have recess twice a day and have PE 3 times a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)