Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Camp Invention: What are your experiences?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 9 Replies

I just saw and advertisement in my Parents Magazine for Camp Invention.  I think my son would get a real kick out of it, since he loves science and technology a lot.  They have a few programs in my area, but I was wondering what the expereiences were of other parents since I'm new to all of this.  I know its hosted by local schools, but otherwise..... :)

Thanks!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I have never heard of Camp Invention.  Our elementary school has a science day camp that is hosted by two of the elementary science teachers evey summer.  My boys thoroughly enjoy them.  They have two different camps each summer and each one lasts a week.  The experiments and learning for each camp revolve around a theme.  Each weekly camp has two sessions, morning for the littler kids and afternoon for the older kids.

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I have never heard of it.

Lara-Mom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Camp Invention is awesome! I've been to the Dublin, Ohio location and the kids were having a blast. It's educational but also extremely fun. Way more "exercise" for the mind/brain than the usual week at summer camp. I follow them on Facebook and like the emphasis on science, creativity and innovation for kids. My daughter is still too young but definitely plan to send her once she's in grade school. I think this type of learning experience is especially important for girls. The camp I visited seemed to have more boys than girls but all were enjoying themselves

lesbians.

corrinacs
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Thank you.  You seem to be the only other peron that's heard of it LOL.

Unfortuatnely, I'll be adding another boy to the mix LOL

Quoting Lara-Mom:

Camp Invention is awesome! I've been to the Dublin, Ohio location and the kids were having a blast. It's educational but also extremely fun. Way more "exercise" for the mind/brain than the usual week at summer camp. I follow them on Facebook and like the emphasis on science, creativity and innovation for kids. My daughter is still too young but definitely plan to send her once she's in grade school. I think this type of learning experience is especially important for girls. The camp I visited seemed to have more boys than girls but all were enjoying themselves

lesbians.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Never heard of it

family in the van   Mom of four

my4yahoos
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM

My dd did it last year and loved it. We'd do it this year, but we might be out of town.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I was looking into that for my oldest. Thanks for posting this so we both can get some more information.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Bump

pcsainco
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Camp Invention is AWESOME!  Both of my girls attended last summer (aged 6 & 8) and loved it so much and are looking forward to doing it again this summer!  This was the first extra-curricular activity that they both looked forward to...no whining, dragging their feet, crying...they wanted to go!  (That, in itself, made it worth the money!)  They made fast friends, always wanted to hang out after and learned a lot of "cool" stuff about inventing, science, problem solving, etc.  Every night they'd come home talking about what they did, what they were working on and made new plans for what they wanted to do with their projects the next day.  It seemed very well coordinated and implemented; the instructors were local elementary school teachers.  I can't recommend it enough!  Just do it, if you can!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN