Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

booster sit .my son is tall and heavy

Posted by   + Show Post
hi ladies

I have a concern. my son is 6.5 years old and he is 4.5 feet tall and 118 lbs. the booster sitt stocks on his butt. I cant find big enough booster sit for him. Does he need it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
Danyell9301
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM

glad you got that figured out. It is grea info to know too. 

Momyplease
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Yes. Im feeling better but I did installed a harness sitbelt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danyell9301
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Did you get the things that go on the seatbelts to keep them from cutting into him. Sorry I can't remember the name. They fasten onto the belts, they are soft and will not cut into him neck. You can get them in the auto department or the auto store. 

I am short and I have then in my car. 

Momyplease
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Awhhhhh good ideal mama I will get that. he is 4.5 so he will benefit from it. Thanks way you go. now thats what I call looking out. hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danyell9301
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Seatbelt Shoulder Pad  

Hugs your welcome

Momyplease
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:35 AM
awwesome thanks. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Wow, he's almost as big as my 13 year old...LOL

I'm glad you got your answer. It doesn't sound like a booster seat would have been safe for him.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM
If the belt doesn't fit properly, I.e. its cutting into his neck then YES he needs ti be in a booster. I'm unsure which one would allow for his weight though.

Try the car seat safety group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I would bypass a pediatrician/fire dept/police dept and talk to a certified, reputable car seat tech. You will get too much conflicting information on here so a car seat tech is your best bet.  You can go to safekids.org or http://www.nhtsa.gov/cps/cpsfitting/index.cfm to find a car seat tech in your area. They will be able to give you clear cut information about what your child needs to be safe in your vehicle.

k.stark
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM

As a car seat tech I have to warn you that Police officers and fire fighters are not trained in any way in car seat safety unless they too are a CPST..... And even then they can be questionable because those people generally are made to take the class to become a CPST where as others volunteer to take the class on their own time... I strongly urge you to go to safekids.org and find a tech near you..... even a phone call to a seasoned tech could be life saving.. :) 

Quoting Momyplease:

Ok I got the answere. because he is over 100 lbs he does not need a booster sit. I flagged down a police officer at the red light today. the one I called earlier never returned my phonecall. but this one was super nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN