Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

booster sit .my son is tall and heavy

Posted by   + Show Post
hi ladies

I have a concern. my son is 6.5 years old and he is 4.5 feet tall and 118 lbs. the booster sitt stocks on his butt. I cant find big enough booster sit for him. Does he need it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Replies (21-30):
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I looked and there aren't any boosters that are going to fit a 4.5 ft 118 lb kid. They are going to be too narrow and the highest weight limit that I have seen is 120 lbs and that one is quite narrow too. Good luck, OP.

Momyplease
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM
thanks for the great info I definitely will do. thanks for the website.

Quoting k.stark:

As a car seat tech I have to warn you that Police officers and fire fighters are not trained in any way in car seat safety unless they too are a CPST..... And even then they can be questionable because those people generally are made to take the class to become a CPST where as others volunteer to take the class on their own time... I strongly urge you to go to safekids.org and find a tech near you..... even a phone call to a seasoned tech could be life saving.. :) 

Quoting Momyplease:

Ok I got the answere. because he is over 100 lbs he does not need a booster sit. I flagged down a police officer at the red light today. the one I called earlier never returned my phonecall. but this one was super nice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Yes you right hes behind do not fit in it without having to pill him out of it. I even though too make a home made one. but how? or elevate the whole sit? it's crazy.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

I looked and there aren't any boosters that are going to fit a 4.5 ft 118 lb kid. They are going to be too narrow and the highest weight limit that I have seen is 120 lbs and that one is quite narrow too. Good luck, OP.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I would say yes he still needs it.... 

Momyplease
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:00 PM
thank you so much I had no ideal there is that our there thank you. You ladies are really great.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

I would bypass a pediatrician/fire dept/police dept and talk to a certified, reputable car seat tech. You will get too much conflicting information on here so a car seat tech is your best bet.  You can go to safekids.org or http://www.nhtsa.gov/cps/cpsfitting/index.cfm to find a car seat tech in your area. They will be able to give you clear cut information about what your child needs to be safe in your vehicle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Yes maybe so. but where you get one that fits?

Quoting Idntreallycare:

I would say yes he still needs it.... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I agree with asking a car seat tech.  They would know far more.  There must be some way to make the seatbelt fit him right without getting literally stuck in a booster.

IloveNCIS
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Only one that i know of that holds over 100lbs is the Sunshine kids Monteray Booster, it hold up to 120lb's. My son has this one, he is so tiny I think he will be 18 before he outgrows it.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

He is over 100 lbs so he should be out of the booster. I don't know of any that are rated above 100 lbs.

Momyplease
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I called the number in that website my area all of the numbers were police stations. but yet I left a message with my number lets see is the man call me back. on that site there is a lot of good info but did not seem anything about the lbs night age ratio. but we will see what the guy will say. I will let you all know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
January1964
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM

If he's over 100 lbs, he no longer needs the booster seat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN