Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

booster sit .my son is tall and heavy

Posted by   + Show Post
hi ladies

I have a concern. my son is 6.5 years old and he is 4.5 feet tall and 118 lbs. the booster sitt stocks on his butt. I cant find big enough booster sit for him. Does he need it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Replies (41-47):
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I think he would still need it but you'd have to find one he fits into comfortably. My ds is 7 and 4.6 feet and the seatbelt doesn't fit him properly.

Momyplease
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:38 AM
I think this is my issue. Its obvious that he would be safer in a booster sit. but where to get one. I left a message for 4 technician from the earlier website but they yet to call me back. So once they will I let you guys know what the professionals said. thanks so much for all of you ladies with your outstanding replies.

Quoting TroyboysMom:

If he's 118 pounds, chances are he's too heavy for that booster to seat him safely anymore, anyway. I am certified as a car seat tech (I do it every year as part of continuing education for teaching, since I teach third grade), and I know of no boosters that are rated higher than that. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Ohh we are trying to lose weight but none can drop 20 lbs over night to fit a carsit. So thank you.. losing weight is not the immediate issue here. he be the same weight tomorrow and after that day. eventually he will loose the extra weight but it will take time. until then the real issue is still remains. So please do not make my post into another issue which I did not solicited your advise. we are working with his doctor and his karate school about the weight loss issue. which is just the right people to give me advice about it. So thank you for rushing in and jumping in the deep end just lets make sure we keep the conversation on issue that the post was about. thank you for your understanding. And im no way try to be mean or stupid about this. Im well aware of my son's weight problem.

Quoting DrDoofenshmirtz:

And OP, without sounding offensive, as I know you said you are talking to your doctors, but if you can find a 120 lb backless booster, get it and work to get your LO to maintain or lose weight. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:54 AM
the doctore running blood test which we yet to get the results. but I'm sure he will have solution. And we will deal with that at that time. thank you for your concern.

Quoting piwife:

Have you had his pituritary gland check( sp)?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:58 AM
And thank you for everyone to be so nice and share their advice and knowledge about the issue. And just to satisfy some curiosity booster sit that we tried with him sticking in his side to tight and hurts his side. So useless to say. if I would of found a booster that fit him comfortably he would be using it. but I have not found any.

this is his size.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:15 AM

this is his size just for reference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM

this is him in the back sit without a booster. the guy yet to call me back maybe because it's the weekend so I'm still waiting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)