Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Upset with the school

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM
  • 25 Replies
I get a call this morning around 10:30 from my daughters school telling me that she is absent. I literally was soo scared because I put her on the bus and watched the bus drive off. I had so many thoughts going through my head and with all that has been happening these days with schools I was panicking. I had my hubs to call down there to see if she was there because I was too panicked too and the secretary acted like she would find out but wasnt going to call back. My hubs was like your going to call me back right ? She said hold on and then called on the intercom to see if she was in the room. Thank God that she was . What would y'all would have done?
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I would have asked them to double check her room and panicked inside of myself.

momof3jam
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I would have gone off. I would have went down there, had an angry little chat with everyone involved - including the principal. It's their JOB to know if your child is there.

I mean, they thought your child wasn't there when she was - what happens if they think your child IS there, and she ISN'T and they don't call??

That's scary.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Call the school to double check, mistakes happen.

aj23
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Stuff happens. The calls are automatic and all it takes its a simple mistake by a teacher or office person to check the wrong name.
If your kid is supposed to be there just call and double check. Its nothing to get all bent out of shape over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BamaMomto4
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM
That happened twice back when my oldest was in middle school. I told them I knew he left for school on the bus. The first time was because his bus was late and the teacher that reported him absent forgot he was a bus rider. The second time was a busy morning and a teacher had asked him to run an errand before roll call then mistakenly marked him absent.
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would have asked them to double check her room and panicked inside of myself.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:04 PM

This...

Quoting steelcrazy:

In our house WE DO REAL, WE DO MISTAKES, WE DO I'M SORRY, WE DO SECOND CHANCES, WE DO FUN, WE DO HUGS, WE DO FORGIVENESS, WE DO REALLY LOUD, WE DO FAMILY and lastly WE DO LOVE!

SparklingHope
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM

A mistake that shouldn't be just thrown around casually..

Quoting steelcrazy:

ruby_jewel_04
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Ditto. I don't live in the best area. I would have freaked.

Quoting momof3jam:

I would have gone off. I would have went down there, had an angry little chat with everyone involved - including the principal. It's their JOB to know if your child is there.

I mean, they thought your child wasn't there when she was - what happens if they think your child IS there, and she ISN'T and they don't call??

That's scary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleleesmom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I would have called back and insisted they immediatly check on my child and make sure no call back bs I woud stay on the phone how old is your dd?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN