Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

little jerks????!!!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:59 PM
  • 24 Replies

DD (who is 7) came home and told me that her youthquest teacher (after school program) said that she hated her job and called them all little jerks! SERIOUSLY!!!? My daughter is an excellent student and loves her teachers i was so shocked when she came home and told me this! she was really upset and said momma im not a little jerk! why did she say that? i felt so bad for her! very unprofessional, i dont care how bad of a day your having you dont take it out on the children! you signed up for the job if you cant handle it then leave! so now she doesnt want to go anymore and i will not make her, just upsets me that this teacher ruined it for her! i did talk to the principal and he said that it would be taken care of...

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, just wow!

becky1109
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

ikr!!!!

momma1708
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

That doesn't sound like just a bad day... I wouldn't make my kids go back either. 

ivy801
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

them fighting words.

becky1109
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM

im telling ya i was pretty pissed! and the principal wasnt too happy either, he had said that he had some issues w/ another yq teacher and needless to say she isnt there anymore!

Acid
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

*you're.

ivy801
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

At least the principle deals with it unlike some I know who just tell you their going to do something about it and ignore it.

Quoting becky1109:

im telling ya i was pretty pissed! and the principal wasnt too happy either, he had said that he had some issues w/ another yq teacher and needless to say she isnt there anymore!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM

WOW!

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I would ask the teacher about it?

corrinacs
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I would first speak with the teacher.  Let her know how much that comment effected your daughter.  Perhaps she was having a bad day, and you are right, she shoudln't have gone about it in that way.....but if she's a greast teacher, you don't want something this small to taint her either.  We all have breaking points and do things we wish we hadn't.  I think this is pretty minor......not saying its not important.

Then if it happens again, I'd bring in the Principal.

good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)