Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
I am so tired of washing sheets! My kid is 10 and he pees in his bed every single nite. I am considering buying diapers again
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
heathermom77
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Yeah, he is really small so I bet I could find some. Maybe plastic pants, too

Quoting xixCandyxix:

Do you know anyone that could make a few cloth diapers in his size? I mean you're only going to need 1 a day so like 3 or 4 would do it for you, just wash them with the rest of the clothes. And in a cloth diaper/pull up he will feel the pee a little bit more and maybe the discomfort would wake him.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, my son had accidents until age eleven and never once did I ever consider humiliating him with diapers. He did have a kidney cyst, but mostly it was just heavy sleeping.

Good nites now make a sticky pads to put across the bed to keep the sheets dry. I just kept a stack of towels and extra underwear/ pj bottoms next to the bed. The goal was to get up both back to bed ASAP . I never minded the laundry.... Noone can control what their body does while unconscience.

I'm sorry you are so frustrated. I know it's a frustrating time. Invest in a rubber sheet for the mattress and the mats for the bed, I have to say I'd never agree with putting a ten yr old back in diaper just to make my own life easier.

I'd set alarms twice a night to get him up to go before that.
IncognitoOne
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Check into getting something like this....

http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=188&products_id=3868

It goes over the sheet to protect it, but doesn't look like your normal sheet protector (in case he has a friend over...they wouldn't know what it was).

Proud-mama-05
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Get a 2nd opinion? 10 seems kinda old to be doing this without there being an underlying cause.

Quoting heathermom77:

And doc says the same thing over and over. Deep sleeper, immature bladder

Quoting steelcrazy:

Diapers and another trip to the doctor.

bellamomof1978
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

my insurance companey pay for my kids pull up ,,

_Mrs.H_
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Get a second opinion. I was a bed wetter and was told the same thing over and over until we saw someone else. I got prescribed something and that was it. It was all over.

Quoting heathermom77:

And doc says the same thing over and over. Deep sleeper, immature bladder

Quoting steelcrazy:

Diapers and another trip to the doctor.

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Try the goodnights.

nova.mommy
by Kristi on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a friend in 4-6 grade who had a bladder control problem when she slept.  She had to take medicine at bedtime for it.  As long as she took the medicine. she kept the bed dry.  Have his doctor check for any medical issues and use Goodnites Disposable Bed Mats.

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Rite aid and meijers makes an off brand that's 1/2 the price.

Quoting heathermom77:

So expensive to buy those but I may have to. He peed two beds last night, his first and then mine. I didn't even know he had got in with me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I would get him some custom cloth trainers if he is wetting the bed and make sure to talk with his doctor about his immature bladder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)