Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
I am so tired of washing sheets! My kid is 10 and he pees in his bed every single nite. I am considering buying diapers again
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

They are on average less than a dollar apiece- much cheaper than a load of laundry...

Quoting heathermom77:

So expensive to buy those but I may have to. He peed two beds last night, his first and then mine. I didn't even know he had got in with me.

gracie0221
by Gracie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Quoting Lydlou02:

Get some goodnights or under jams.

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting heathermom77:

So expensive to buy those but I may have to. He peed two beds last night, his first and then mine. I didn't even know he had got in with me.

Wait...I missed this earlier...If he peed in two beds then obviously that means he peed twice during the night (at least) which probably means the mats won't do much good. If he wakes up wet in his bed he'll just get into yours again, and you won't have the mat.  I was a late bedwetter and I had a canvas-like mat I slept on to protect the bed, but obviously my underwear and pajamas were wet, at least with a Nighttime that won't happen.

NCISfan2003
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My nephew was 12 before he quit peeing in the bed. He out grew it, and did not need medication. SOme boys just can't hold it. Doesn't mean something is wrong with them.

Quoting Proud-mama-05:

Get a 2nd opinion? 10 seems kinda old to be doing this without there being an underlying cause.

Quoting heathermom77:

And doc says the same thing over and over. Deep sleeper, immature bladder

Quoting steelcrazy:

Diapers and another trip to the doctor.

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

My son used to wet his bed all the time, and I didn't want to go back to using pull-ups.  I started cutting off my son's liquids an hour before bed, and made a rule that he has to use the toilet before he goes to bed at night.  I also started making him help me wash his soild bedding. He didn't like that one bit, and now he will get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  Good luck.

heathermom77
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM
He wets more than once pretty often. Even when I change his clothes and bedding in the middle of the night he will be wet again by morning. Also a pull-up usually will not hold all the way thru the nite

Quoting huskermom98:

Quoting heathermom77:

Wait...I missed this earlier...If he peed in two beds then obviously that means he peed twice during the night (at least) which probably means the mats won't do much good. If he wakes up wet in his bed he'll just get into yours again, and you won't have the mat.  I was a late bedwetter and I had a canvas-like mat I slept on to protect the bed, but obviously my underwear and pajamas were wet, at least with a Nighttime that won't happen.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi!

First get a pediatric checkup, for infection or urinary tract problems. Then, double sheet his bed, put a large sheet of plastic, you can get it by the yard at Joanne's, or use a large trash bag, on his bed where his hips lie. Cut or fold a twin sheet in half lengthwise. Put that on his bed over the rubber/plastic sheet and tuck it in the way nurses put a draw sheet or incontinent pad on a hospital bed. Or, You can buy the incontinent pads at most drugstores. Then, after an accident, you just have to wash the draw sheet and wipe off the barrier pad. Good luck, he won't go to college in diapers. Hugs

STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Has this been going on all along, or is it a new development?  If it is new, see the doctor.  If it is the way he has always been, get night pants...

daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM

get the kids goodnights.  Have you talked to his ped? Its no longer considered "normal" after about age 7, and every night seems a bit excessive... is he a hard sleeper?

bleumonster
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:06 AM
First get a plastic liner for the mattress. Then require him to clean the plastic and wash the sheets. At 10 he is plenty old enough to use the washer. That way he is taking responsibility for the situation. You can try goodnites, those disposible pads that go over the sheets too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN