Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How big is/was your 6 year old?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM
  • 54 Replies
DS had always been tall for his age and same with weight but even out.... This summer he had his tonsils and adenoids removed because they were blocking 80% of his air way and causing sleep apnea... Since he had them removed he's been growing Like CRAZY!!! At his 6 year check up they were concerned about his weight gain (common after tonsil removal) so they had him back in 3 months(which was today) he gained an inch and 5 lbs.... He's 4"1' and 66 lbs he's in the 96% he plays sports and eats healthy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowmommy0406
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM
My ds is 6, 47" and weighed in last night at his wrestling practice at 45.2lbs. He is very athletic, he plays a ton of sports with wrestling being his favorite, he is 6th in the whole state for little guy wrestling.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Your son is nearly the size of my very average 9 year old boy.  He is 4'3" and 66 lbs.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM

she is about 4'1 as well and about 50 lbs.  As long as he is healthy, I would not worry about weight gain.  Some sports it is better for the child to be more solid.

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My 6 yr old daughter is 48 inches tall and 48lbs.

banana-bear
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM
My daughter was 50lbs and 50" last July at her 6-year well visit.
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM

My dd was 3' 9.5" and 45 lbs at her 6 yr checkup and now at 7 (on the 24th) she is 4' and 48 lbs. Her bmi has gone from 55% to 29% in the past year so I am sure that I will hear about that from her doc. Your ds is growing and may just not have finished the height part of his spurt, yet. My kids tend to plump up and then grow taller. Once your ds grows another inch, he'll be at a healthy weight. Also, bmi ignores bone density and muscle mass so it is a terrible indicator of overall health.  My ds is a big boy and he is 43.5" and 44 lbs which is dead even at the 85% for height and weight and 75% for bmi. He is tall and solid and you can see his ribs, he's just a very active 4.5 yr old boy.

mamateapot
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM

my son will be 6 in february and is, i think, 44 inches tall and 63 lbs. His head circ has always been 106 percentil and above 95 percentile for height and weight. He is bony and sometimes looks too skinny to me. 

StephanAndCoral
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM
My daughter just turned 7 on December 26 she weighed 65lbs and was 4 foot tall.
Decker
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM

We will find out tomorrow and I will post in here how tall and her weight. She is one of the tallest kids in her class though. And my son is as tall as the kindergartner kids and he is 5. 

kristiansmommy1
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM
51 inches and 75lbs at his 6th birthday (November) but he's always been big
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN