Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Bus stops

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:35 PM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this
Where is your child bus stop??

We moved to a small town and the bus picks up and drops off dd in our driveway. There is supposed to be 1 stop at he end of he road but the bus driver said she prefers to just drop he kids off at their house cause ppl will speed down the road. I think it's awesome!
Like yesterday I was busy changing a diaper when she got of the bus and I didn't have to walk anywhere or nothing! She just gets off and walks in the door.

Btw she is 6.5
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM

ours is at the bottom of driveway for the complex.  children from a neighboring complex walk down to it.  The busses only let out on the side the children live on so as a resut we have 2 busses running on our road.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM

My boys bus stop is at the end of our lane, the bus runs on the main road.  It is only 1/4 mile walk, so not far at all.  They usually walk it themselves.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Ours is one house down, at the corner.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM

The bus stop is at the Stop sign at the entrance to the neighborhood.

school bus

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:59 PM

We are on a back road that is a bit out of the way- our bus stop is up on a more "main" road that runs parallel to ours- about 1/4 mile from here. I've always walked my kids to the bus stop as it is on an old farmhouse's front porch and awfully close to the road (especially since there are 15 kids and some roughhousing happens on occasion).

When my kids were in kindergarten and would come home on the kindergarten bus there were no other stops up on that main road until further down where our road eventually meets it again, so the bus driver would drop them off right at the end of my driveway- nice! I still had to take them to the bus stop that's 1/4 mile away on their way to school, though, because that bus had K-6th on it and there were more kids along that stretch so it wasn't practical to come to our driveway on the way to school.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:48 PM

A couple blocks away. Our district only provides driveway stops to Headstart.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Mine do not ride the bus this year but last year they got picked up at the end of our road. Which might as well have been the end of our driveway.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Ours is 1/4 mile from our house. I contacted the school but they refused to change it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM

My 10 yo dd walk 1/4 mile home from school. We usually drive her.

my 11 yo dh's and 14 yo dd walk about 2 streets over to the bus stop.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:35 PM

My kids don't ride the bus

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN