Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

2nd grade issues

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 2 Replies

I am on complet full bredrestbecause i am a vary highrisk pregnecy. my husband started a new job last week. it is in line of work he has never done before, and it is out of town. He took the job because he makes more on that job then he did on unimployment. he is still looking fr work in his fild and closer to home. my oldest son has been a big help at home most days. I felt bad because i did add two chours to both of there chour list jacobs chorse are: bake his bed clean his room, laundry/feed water pets/ put dishis away/ put toys away/ take out trash his younger brother chorses are: calean room make bed/ bring in fire wood/load dishwasher/ pick up random trash/ sweep off stairs/clear and wipe off kitchen counters and it switches every month. they also have a two year old brother. Both of the older two have been begging and praying for a baby sissister since befor jason was born. I found out i was pregnet at 20weeks after extream pain set it after a home pg test came up positive we wen in to the hospital ans surprize! 20 weeks with a baby girl. At home other then normal kid battles jacob has been vary well behaved but i got a note from school today saying he is angee all the time and vary uncopertive doing anything. he even broke a door in the school bathroom today. I asked him why he is so mad in school and he gives me a bs story about getting pushed out of line at the bus stop and or kids teling on him when he dosnt do somthing. But i know him and he is flat out making up excuses, my folks think that he will not tell me because A) it will worrie me B) it will hurt/make me mad. tomorrow i am going to the school to talk with the princ. and suggesting that he meets with the school counsiler. the only reason he is not yet expelled is because he went from one of the best behaved students to this... and we have let the school know what is going on at home because it will reflect in what happens at school. I feel like mabie we are putting to much on them? Dinner i as if they want to cook and they always do, and since dad isnt here i have been doing most of the supervising and clean up. But sadly it is wereing thin the doc wants to hospilize me, but i said no so were looking at mondays doc apt at scheduling the c section :( not due untill feb) sorry its a mess have my two yera old cllimbing on me and having to fight with jacob an writting a note on why/what happened to the bathroom door why he will never do it agin and what he needs to do to make it righe.  

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Quoting speidelboys:

I am on complete full bed rest because i am a vary high risk pregnancy. my husband started a new job last week. it is in line of work he has never done before, and it is out of town. He took the job because he makes more on that job then he did on unemployment. he is still looking fr work in his fild and closer to home. my oldest son has been a big help at home most days. I felt bad because i did add two chores to both of there chore list jacobs chores are: make his bed clean his room, laundry/feed water pets/ put dishis away/ put toys away/ take out trash his younger brother chores are: clean room make bed/ bring in fire wood/load dishwasher/ pick up random trash/ sweep off stairs/clear and wipe off kitchen counters and it switches every month. they also have a two year old brother. Both of the older two have been begging and praying for a baby sister since before jason was born. I found out i was pregnant at 20weeks after extreme pain set it after a home pg test came up positive we wen in to the hospital ans surprise! 20 weeks with a baby girl. At home other then normal kid battles jacob has been vary well behaved but i got a note from school today saying he is angry all the time and vary uncooperative doing anything. he even broke a door in the school bathroom today. I asked him why he is so mad in school and he gives me a bs story about getting pushed out of line at the bus stop and or kids telling on him when he doesn't do something. But i know him and he is flat out making up excuses, my folks think that he will not tell me because A) it will worry me B) it will hurt/make me mad. tomorrow i am going to the school to talk with the princ. and suggesting that he meets with the school counselor. the only reason he is not yet expelled is because he went from one of the best behaved students to this... and we have let the school know what is going on at home because it will reflect in what happens at school. I feel like maybe we are putting to much on them? Dinner i as if they want to cook and they always do, and since dad isnt here i have been doing most of the supervising and clean up. But sadly it is wearing thin the doc wants to hospitalize me, but i said no so were looking at mondays doc apt at scheduling the c section :( not due untill feb) sorry its a mess have my two year old cllimbing on me and having to fight with jacob an writing a note on why/what happened to the bathroom door why he will never do it again and what he needs to do to make it right..  

Everything that goes on at home will affect his behavior at school.  This week must be the week of poor choices since my dd in 1st grade made a horrible choice and we can not figure out why.  I think this was a bad time for your husband to be out of town and you not to have any help with the children at home.  Hopefully the principal and counselor can help you when you speak to them.

michelledavis
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Who will be there to help when you're in the hospital? Having a C-section is going to have you down longer as well. It seems you have a lot on your plate & it would be in your hubs best interest to have stayed on unemployment until after the baby is home. Anything & everything at home affects a child's life, not just school but everywhere, daily. I have a 2nd grader as well. He has chores & helps around the house too. Maybe he feels angry about being left out. Give him small chores, maybe he could be your little go getter. They want to be so independent at that age & want to do whatever they can to help. Just start small & see what he is capable of. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN