Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

It's Cigerettes Are Hazardous For Your Health Day.

Have you ever smoked? If so, when did you start? Do you still smoke? If so, any desire to quit? If you have quit, what made you decide to quit and how did you do it?

Take is seriously!! GET YOUR PAP!

~~CINDY

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I started when I was 19. I quit about a year later because my bf (now DH) told me the only thing he wanted for his birthday was for me to stop smoking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:57 AM

When I was in college and clubbing or at the bars or with certain friends I would smoke.  And to be honest a couple of times I did for the shock effect.  But it was nothing more than casual and something I knew to be stupid but I was pretty self-destructive at that point.  It's been probably 12 years since the last one.  The only time since that I've actually wanted another was when my husband and I were going through some very difficult times but I didn't want that example for my kids

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I am an ex-smoker. I started smoking when I was a teenager. I quit smoking 04/04/12. They are so expensive! I quit cold turkey and I was a total B for about 3 days straight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I used to smoke when I drank.  Quit when got with hubby.

family in the van   Mom of four

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I smoked for 6 year. I quit almost 6 years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurboMom81
Just finished watching "Heaven is for Real" What a sweet, beautiful movie!
Yesterday at 1:18 AM
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I used to when I was younger. I was never addicted though.  DH on the other hand really needs to quit.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Since I was 12... Minus 2 years. I still smoke now. A slight desire to quit at some point in the future.

tel4him
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Never started.  I watched my grandfather die of lung cancer.  It's not the way I want to go.

Love_My_4_Boys
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Nope, I've never smoked
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarlinda
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I used to smoke when I was a teenager up until I got married at 21. I didn't smoke alot so I do not believe I was addicted so I just quit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)