Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How does your 8 yr old (or 7/9) yr old act? 
I don't think mine is to bad, hes a boy.
He is rough, but not trying to beat people up when playing. He loves to run, and has a big imagination. He likes to pretend he is a cop/soldier/ someone that shoots others -- but never shoots at his brothers (we put a stop to that a long while ago)

He doesn't like to sit down, but he will when needed lol

He got in trouble on the bus because the driver said his gun noises were to realistic, and it scared her really bad.. I have never heard him make a 'real gun noise' other than "pow" "boom" etc.

Just wanted to see if this is all regular boys behavior?!  

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Replies (21-27):
othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:40 AM

My son doesn't usually. He is more in to sports and legos

mommieT
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM

my son is 11 soon to be 12 in march and yes he was and still is like that but he has calmed down a little so they do tend to mellow a tiny bit with age but for the most part they stay the same my son wants to be a soldier so he can shoot people i said no not just to shoot people soldiers protect people but he is a boy so what can you do.

CookieMom108
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:54 PM

My almost 9 yr old isn't into  playing with guns at all.  He has a big imagination.  He likes to run.  He is very well behaved and well mannered and I gets compliments on that all the time.  I'd think your child's behavior is fine.  

3boysmommaNY
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Thanks ladies.. I didn't mean for it to turn like it did!
My husband is in the Army, so they like to play soldier.. I get compliments on his, and my other two's behavior in public as well. I had a younger sister, so I didn't know much about how boys acted! :)  

Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Mind doesn't do anything involving gun play.

Mine likes to roughouse with his brother, but other than that, he is pretty chill!

kiki_kat
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I agree. With my 2 DS, rarely do they play with "guns". Mine rough house and wrestle each other. But I have friends whose sons do gun play, I'm sure that it's perfectly normal. :)

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Mind doesn't do anything involving gun play.

Mine likes to roughouse with his brother, but other than that, he is pretty chill!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:00 PM

My eight year old boys enjoy watching video on his Ipod, playing games on the xbox with his friends. He is very smart and big for his age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)