Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Christmas presents you already regret buying for your kids...

Posted by   + Show Post

I regret dd's drum set, even tho I didn't buy it....Her Dad bought it, but he works 6 days a week, and dont get to fully "enjoy" them like I do..lol

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM

nothing luckly I do all the xmas shopping an peope around us ask ahead of time about gifts lol.

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Cuddleuppets. My kids wanted them SO BADLY. They're expensive as it is, BUT, my kids also thought they sang and talked like they do in the commercials. Now they won't touch them. They're pissed and so am I for wasting 40 bucks.

hollinicole
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:35 PM
This year I really don't have one, I do wish I had not upgraded her leap pad because she has yest to use it for even an hour :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JMCorbin84
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I got dd a Cookie Monster keyboard that she loves but bc it plays the same 3 songs I have begun hating it immensely. I would rather listen to her bang the keys than those annoying songs anymore lol
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM

None, we have a limit to how many gifts the kids get so we choose them very carefully, things we know they will get a lot out of. We got my ten year old brother (I'm the guardian of my siblings) a drum set for his birthday, sure it gets irritating some times, but he loves the thing so we don't regret it. He does have some rules though about it, no playing when the baby is napping or when his 17 year old brother who shares a room with him tells him to cut it out or we are not responsible for his actions.

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Exactly my response.I don't think she's ever even requested something that I thought might be annoying.

Quoting steelcrazy:

I don't regret anything that I bought my kids for Christmas.  I can't even think of things from previou year that I regret either.  Generally if it is something that would annoy me, I don't buy it.

KBSSJ5
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Yep my daughter got a furby.. ugh I hate that thing lol
soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM

None

family in the van   Mom of four

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Nothing so far.

On Christmas morning, though, I regretted getting him a Udraw drawing pad thing for the Wii...because when he opened it, at first he thought it was the new Wii U system. (which we told him not to even ask for because he's got a Wii, a 3DS, and just got an Xbox in Oct....no more systems!)  D'oh! I was afraid he'd be really disappointed, but he wasn't, he just moved on to the other presents and got everything on his list and way more. It helped that his next gift after that one was his iPod touch. lol.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM

We follow the Something I Want, Something I Need, Something to Wear, Something to Read so it's limited and not random at all.

The only things I regret are items gifted from other family members.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN