Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas presents you already regret buying for your kids...

Posted by   + Show Post

I regret dd's drum set, even tho I didn't buy it....Her Dad bought it, but he works 6 days a week, and dont get to fully "enjoy" them like I do..lol

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
saltlifemama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I don't regret anything we got. My dh would disagree with me. My mom got both boys Furby's and he hates them. They do not really bother me much. The boys have had a great time with them.

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Nothing. I wouldn't buy him something that I didn't know he would like.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Quoting aj23:

I regret buying the train set he really wanted. He begged for it, told 5 different Santas he wanted and loved it until my niece let him use her DSi that she had gotten. Now thats all he wants and never touches the train set but refuses to let me take it down, it takes up a lot of floor space in a very small room. For what I paid for that stupid set I could have bought him a 3ds xl and a couple of games.

His dad bought him this really nice and neat remote control semi truck but of course (like always) it's for older kids because its s fragile and the first night home he bent the axle for the tires on it and thankfully it didn't break but now I have to hear about how he wants to play with it an he can't until I figure out some way to fix it.  

That sucks. :(

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM

No regrets here. :-)

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I don't really regret any of them, but am very tired of the music on the Madden NFL Wii games. . . I'm going to have to remember to keep earbuds w/ my laptop for when it gets on my nerves more than usual.

lizzymom80
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:20 PM
We didn't buy them but my brother and his gf got the kid a sea monkey kit. DD overfed them and I think they are goners (the monkeys not the kids lol.)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jennyanne322
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Hmmmm probably the bay blade thing. He got this dome thing for them to battle in. It was $30 and its cheap, thin plastic. It's not well made at all. He loves it though, and uses it almost every day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:51 PM

No regrets

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Ds said he liked it, but hasn't even tried it yet. He has several other new things still in the boxes, too...Lego sets, Skylanders Giants, board games, an r/c helicopter....at least 10 things he hasn't even taken out of the package yet. I thought he'd be all over that Skylanders Giants especially! I guess when he gets bored with the stuff he's playing with, maybe he'll open more new toys then...

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

I got dd the wii draw thing too, and she didnt like it...She played with it about 10 min on Christmas, and hasnt opened it since

Quoting JonesMama:

Nothing so far.

On Christmas morning, though, I regretted getting him a Udraw drawing pad thing for the Wii...because when he opened it, at first he thought it was the new Wii U system. (which we told him not to even ask for because he's got a Wii, a 3DS, and just got an Xbox in Oct....no more systems!)  D'oh! I was afraid he'd be really disappointed, but he wasn't, he just moved on to the other presents and got everything on his list and way more. It helped that his next gift after that one was his iPod touch. lol.

babynurse244
by Beth on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I regret the stupid Legos every time I step on one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)