Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas presents you already regret buying for your kids...

Posted by   + Show Post

I regret dd's drum set, even tho I didn't buy it....Her Dad bought it, but he works 6 days a week, and dont get to fully "enjoy" them like I do..lol

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Legos. They are all over the house, and boy do those things hurt when you step on them. OUCH!

Momyplease
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:34 AM
bottle rocket. I did not got it for him. my sisters boyfriend did. its looks dangerouse. so I gave it to his older cusin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melisawoosley
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM
No, we are mindful of that when we go shopping ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SueMNanaMama
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:34 AM

The cheesy microscope set that doesn't really work, but he won't let me take back.  I don't regret the electric guitar and little amp, because he's gonna learn to play, when he's ready, and they were too good a deal to pass up (used).  I got him decent headphones to use with them.  He's only ten...  I sorta regret the new furby, but he has a passel of old furbies, and I thought, well, this can go with the collection.  He doesn't really play with it, though.  I do!

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Nothing! We choose carefully!

aj_mom
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:10 PM

The Monoply that you can use with your iPad it doesn't want to cooperate

Mama2ETA
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM

None. They got a ton of lego sets and we have fun family time with those! They're all together now though lol. We got lincoln logs with are great family time too.

The only gift that is annoying (to me and my sons too) are the furbies. They are so annoying that they put them on their bookshelf facing the wall so they sleep all the time. ha.

My dd got no annoying gifts either.

momof3jam
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM

A new Playstation because the old one broke a while ago.

Nothing but a headache!

Vhx
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM

My oDD, I kinda regret getting her a snowboard. Not because it's annoying or anything, it's just we bought it when we thought we'd be moving to BC, close to the mountains and all. We ended up deciding on ON, which has very few convenient venues for ski or snowboarding. Now it's kind of taunting her that she finally has her own board and can't even use it.

I'm starting to hear yDD's ride-on Winnie the Pooh musical thing in my sleep. She's 2 1/2 and recently adopted, I know she needs all the noise-making, talking toys she can get because they really are helping her learn English, but it's driving me nuts!

I'm not regretting it, but I just wish it was a little quieter.

JoanahLee
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Indoor ride on toys.  I did not buy them, we were very intentional about what we bought, but of course, other people buy them things too and thats where it gets out of control.   We have one heavy duty wooden ride on toy with big solid rubber wheels... the kids love it, so a family member thought it would be nice to get us two more indoor ride on's so everyone would have their own. 

It was a nice thought but the ones they got us are bulky plastic things with big hard plastic wheels and they are SOOOOOOO loud!  And light weight enough that the kids can change directions by standing with the little plastic motorcycle between their legs and hop-hop-hop to face the other way, which becomes "rattle,rattle SLAM SLAM SLAM, rattle, rattle"   

Drives me crazy! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)