Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Is your child still in a booster seat??

Posted by   + Show Post

My dd is...She is 8 and has to be 50 inches , and she is only 46

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Replies (301-310):
tdoubleday04
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I believe they are supposed to be until the seatbelt fits them properly at about 57 inches...
yes all 3 of mine are
aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Sure is and he's 7

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM

My boys are ages 6 and 8 and both are in a LBB.  By law, the 8 year old doesn't need one anymore but he is safer still being in one.  He has not reached 4'9" yet so I'll keep him in it for a bit yet.  I look at how the shoulder strap sits on his shoulder and without a booster he's still too short for it to sit right.

faceofanangel33
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I've got a 6 yr old in a booster seat and an 8 yr old in a booster seat - the 8 yr old hates it just because he thinks he's too old for it - I just have to keep telling him he's not tall enough lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
t_creanskisa
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM

all the men  are 6+ feet.. the women are all a round 4 foot lol. i'm only 5'4"  and i feel like a amazon every time there is a family gathering. i'm the tallest of even the in law -women . so far my dd's are taking after me

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

My husbands mom is 4'9" & I have 2 female cousins who are 4'11" but otherwise everyone else for us is REALLY tall, my kids definitely got the REALLY tall genes LOL! 

Quoting t_creanskisa:

lol i know. all of all the women in DH's family are tiny as all hell

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting t_creanskisa:

my nice is 11 and still in a boster.  she is just going to be small. by the rule 50 inches tall she will NEVER be able to rid in a car with out a boster.  her mom is barely 4' 2"

50"=4'2" LOL :)

-Mommy-2-Three-
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I have been 5'11.5" since I was 14 so I've always felt like an amazon LOL :P My big brother is 6'6" so I didn't feel alone LOL & Luckily I found an amazing man who is 6'4" so our kids are doomed haha........we have the few SUPER short women in our families (4'9-4'11) but so far my kids are following in our fooot steps, my DD is 19m & 36.5" & my 2nd son is 36m & is 44" & my oldest son is 5y10m & is 54" tall! Their height estimations at the pedi was DD @ 18m= 6' & Ds2 @ 24m=6'6" & Ds1 @ 24m=6'5" LOL!

If I had a little child at this point I'd feel bad because it'd feel so tiny one day haha!

Quoting t_creanskisa:

all the men  are 6+ feet.. the women are all a round 4 foot lol. i'm only 5'4"  and i feel like a amazon every time there is a family gathering. i'm the tallest of even the in law -women . so far my dd's are taking after me

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

My husbands mom is 4'9" & I have 2 female cousins who are 4'11" but otherwise everyone else for us is REALLY tall, my kids definitely got the REALLY tall genes LOL! 

Quoting t_creanskisa:

lol i know. all of all the women in DH's family are tiny as all hell

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting t_creanskisa:

my nice is 11 and still in a boster.  she is just going to be small. by the rule 50 inches tall she will NEVER be able to rid in a car with out a boster.  her mom is barely 4' 2"

50"=4'2" LOL :)

JennPearce
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Yep my 5yo is in a booster.
TurboMom81
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:16 PM
My seven year old is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paganmommy4
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:26 AM

She sits in a camo booster seat with a seatbelt ( approved by DHS child welfare) and my youngest sits in a five point harness seat.. I even asked a cop about the booster seat and he said it was fine..

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:28 AM

My 7 year old is.  A kid here is supposed to be 4'9.  She's about 42 inches so she's got quite a ways to go.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)