Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
I have 3 science fair projects due.. I'm at a lost, I still have 2 weeks but I need ideas for quick and easy projects... I'm such a bad mommy for waiting last minute. Please no bashing I already feel horrible=(
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Replies (21-25):
mysweet1s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I get where you're coming from...of course they are your kids' projects, but science projects (at least at our school) are pretty involved.  The whole scientific process is hard for younger students to grasp (having a control, testing only one variable, etc.)  I help my kids too, we actually enjoy it.

This year, my 9 year old is doing a project with Orbees.  Putting them in different liquids to see which makes them grow the largest.

My 12 year old will handle his himself.  He hasn't decided yet.  Okay, I'll probably help with his board - he hates it, I love it :)

Snowflower901
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM
How does that work?? Sounds intriguing lol

Quoting MommyBoha:

We did water moving paper for my 9 year old.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Quoting joshlor2:

You don't have projects due your kids do. Google grade appropriate science projects and let them pick. Then sit back and watch the fun.

lady-J-Rock
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

my ten year old is doing three different projects to show density and how it affects buoyancy. she found the projects in our book of fun science experiments for kids.  they're relatively easy. one is an egg will float in salt water but notnot tap water. the rainbow experiment. water oil vinegar salt water will separate. balloon and something else for the life of me I can't remember the rest of it. Her science fair isn't until March. They just sent home the paper on it. 

kcgroves
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Check out pinterest...they have so many fun and neat things on there and the kids will love doing them! My son likes the stuff we do so much that he is having a science experment birthday party!!

Want to know how I can help you?

save money www.apdentalplans.com/kgroves

make money www.freedomathometeam.com/kgroves

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)