Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

my 8 year old son

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

hi there i have an 8 year old son he's failing every class in school if he don't bring his grades up he will be repeating 3rd grade again i don't want him to fail he so shy when teacher talks to him he want talk back to them ive talked to him told him if he didnt bring his grades up hes going to fail its like it don't bother him but he want be with his friends it bothers me so much about it i do not like his teacher at all i know im not suppose to hate anyone she does not have one nice thing to say about him the only thing she has to say about him when he gets bad grades that only thing she has ever said about him...and i didnt find out about this till the week before kids got out of school for christmas.my son has got student of the month every year this will be the year that he don't get it as long as he is in her class he want get it...i think she don't like my son see kids baby my son he lil for his age and that just make her made because she don't like it what can i do please help

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Perhaps he is scared of his teacher. My ds was like that last year in kindergarten and I had his teacher switched and he was fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I'm having a hard time following your post, but if I was in your place, I would set up a parent/teacher meeting ASAP to find out why his failing and what can be done to improve the situation. Try writing some questions and concerns down before the meeting, and then bring that same paper to take notes on.

If you--yourself--are uncomfortable with the teacher, see if a school counselor or principal could sit in the meeting too.

My son is small for his age, and he was never babied or treated differently for it. I'm confused about what you are trying to say at the end of your post.

janitablue
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I agree with Barbara. I would also recommend get him a tutor or find out if his school offer free tutoring.  It is never too late to get your son in the right track . The first step is step up a meeting with teacher. Ask your son teacher for feedback on ways he can improve on his grades, find out what his weakness is and help him.............

Quoting Barabell:

I'm having a hard time following your post, but if I was in your place, I would set up a parent/teacher meeting ASAP to find out why his failing and what can be done to improve the situation. Try writing some questions and concerns down before the meeting, and then bring that same paper to take notes on.

If you--yourself--are uncomfortable with the teacher, see if a school counselor or principal could sit in the meeting too.

My son is small for his age, and he was never babied or treated differently for it. I'm confused about what you are trying to say at the end of your post.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I would get him a tutor for more one on one teaching as well as talk to his teacher about things.  I am in constant communication with dd's teacher .  She is in 1st grade and we email back and forth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)