Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Bathroom question-tmi! -edit

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 25 Replies
At what age did your son wipe effectively by himself? ie did not leave skid marks every time he went to the bathroom.

Also, does your son do what my DH calls "poop fart" where some poop comes out when they fart?

If so, is it a problem in school?
Edit- I'm not talking wet farts, I'm talking little logs that come out when they fart.
We only have him 5 days a month and his mom refuses to speak to DH. She is impossible. Ill try the wet wipes but he always slips away and we don't know exactly when he goes potty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I dont have a son so i guess i can not answer this.

tiffs2009
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I have girls so that's why I'm asking. My step sons have issues and DH can't remember that far back

Quoting frndlyfn:

icn_mom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I dont have a son, but I clearly remember my mom freaking out on my brothers when we were younger for skid marks in their underwear! poop farts i would imagine are common among kiddos, since they arent always aware that its not just gas but they have to poop too! Id say by age 8 they should be able to wipe themselves well (maybe leave moist wipes on the toilet to clean better with!)

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM

My guy still has this issue in his 50s.  I dont think his sons ever did past age 6 or so unless there was an illness.

Quoting tiffs2009:

I have girls so that's why I'm asking. My step sons have issues and DH can't remember that far back

Quoting frndlyfn:

tiffs2009
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM
My step son is 5 and refuses to wipe and will lie about it. He will even hide from us so we cant clean him up...... And I get to clean up the mess. Every single time. I just don't get it.

Quoting icn_mom:

I dont have a son, but I clearly remember my mom freaking out on my brothers when we were younger for skid marks in their underwear! poop farts i would imagine are common among kiddos, since they arent always aware that its not just gas but they have to poop too! Id say by age 8 they should be able to wipe themselves well (maybe leave moist wipes on the toilet to clean better with!)

signingmama2915
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:48 PM
My older and potty trained son just recently started wiping effectively he is 5.5. As for the "poop fart", which we call a "wet fart"...it's usually only if he is sick. And we haven't had a problem with it since he was in preschool.
icn_mom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Quoting tiffs2009:

My step son is 5 and refuses to wipe and will lie about it. He will even hide from us so we cant clean him up...... And I get to clean up the mess. Every single time. I just don't get it.

Quoting icn_mom:

embarassment maybe? my daughter will scream for me "mama wipe my butt!!" lol

soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:16 PM

We are still working on my 7 year old to wipe but my older two wiped their butts good as Sidon as they learned to go poop in the toilet.

family in the van   Mom of four

janitablue
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:24 PM

When I potty train my son I never had the experience of wiping the butt. Now at the age of eight I am seeing more dirty brief and It breaks my heart. I wish I can give you solution. I usually buy baby wipes and leave it in the bathroom for him to wipe his butt.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:38 AM
By 5 my first did fine. My second is nearly 4 and we are working on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)