Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

The flu epidemic did you get your flu shot ?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 28 Replies

I will admit something I take things lightly especially when I see  a news headline on the news but  this flu epidemic had me running to the pharmacy. I paid 31.99 at my local duane reade pharmacy. The pharmacist gave me the shot as I cringe in pain. He laugh that did not hurt I wanted to punch him. Anyhoo next week I am going take my son to pediatrician doctor to get his shot. 

Learn more about the flu outbreak click on Flu

Are you going to get the flu shot for you and your family? Why or why not?

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM
No, I'm the only one in the house who has it and that's only because My job requires it, otherwise I wouldn't bother.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM

we did not get the flu shot.  3/4 of us got the flu.  DS was the first to get it. 2 days of a fever of 102 and he was fine after.  I got it next, i spent 5 days in bed, DD got it after and she was fine after 1 day.  ALL 3 flu cases were CONFIRMED by the dr.  i did NOT self diagnose.

my friend who is a nurse: flu shot 4/5 got it... 4 got it at the same time, all CONFIRMED with the flu, ALL got the shot, 4 solid days in bed for 4 of them.  we are waiting to see if %5 gets it.

my other friend, SAHM like me 5/5 got the flu with the flu shot, CONFIRMED byt the doctor.  7 days in bed

i can go on and on about friends who GOT the shot and GOT the flu.  so far out of my circle of friends, i was the ONLY family who did NOT get the shot who got the flu.  and BTW we werent the 1st family to get it

chinosruca
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM
No. Never will again. 100% of the time after a flu shot I get unbearably sick. Every flippin time. I will just try to stay as healthy as I can. I already got sick a little over a week ago. I was MISERABLE for 2 days and got better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM
No. I have never received a flu shot in my life. My kids don't get the flu shot either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kymber3181
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:39 AM

No, this is the first year I've decided not to get one for me or my kids. We've never had a negative reaction, but I've read so many scary articles I've decided to go without. I never had a flu shot as a kid and I hardly ever got the flu. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Yes, I got the Flu Mist while at work. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM

No, none of us have received the flu shot this year and we won't be going to get it either.  I just don't feel that it is necessary.  None of us are in the high risk group to have serious complications.

For those who are rushing out to get the flu shot, realize that it does take 2-3 weeks for it to become fully effective.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM
The kids had theirs in Oct/nov... I didn't and have been sick with confirmed flu for 10 days now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
urbpro
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM

No. I have gotten the flu shot once in the past 20 years and had the flu once in the last 20 years (it wasn't the same year). I take other precautions and they seem to work :o)

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Nope we didn't...I planned on all of us getting one...Back in October my dad got one, and he was sick for a good month after that..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)