Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Best schools in Cincinnati, OH?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hey everyone, It has been a long time since I have been on this site. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on this.

I am looking to move to Cincinnati this summer, however, I have a 6 year old who will be in 1st grade next year. Education is very important to me for my son. I want to be able to send him to the best I can. I just want everyone's opinion on what are the best schools in Cincinnati and their reasoning behind it. Also, If you know of the district they are in that would be helpful too. Thank you.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Go to http://www.greatschools.org/   You can look up schools in the areas you're looking at houses in and tell you test scores, etc.

Christine0813
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I would tell you to look up the report cards for local schools, but the state still hasn't released them.

If you want, you can still look at the stats from 2010-2011.

http://ilrc.ode.state.oh.us/

belloanima
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Thanks you guys. I checked there and their seems to be good school in a lot of districts. Its just hard without being able to go and check them out in person.

mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:06 PM
There are a lot of good schools in the area. We live on the north side of cinci and all but 1 of the districts we are adjacent to have excellent district ratings. Just depends on what you can afford house-wise and property tax wise...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
belloanima
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Quoting mckinneymom918:

There are a lot of good schools in the area. We live on the north side of cinci and all but 1 of the districts we are adjacent to have excellent district ratings. Just depends on what you can afford house-wise and property tax wise...

thank you. what is the one district though so i know to stay away from it?

mom2boys664
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I lived there for 20 years and just moved here (NJ) two years ago. I lived in West Chester, north of the city, but if I could have handled driving farther to work I would have lived in Mason - great schools there. Cincinnati is a city divided - you are either a west sider (more blue collar) or an east sider (white collar). West side go with Oak Hills, East Side, Blue Ash is nice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)