Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Losing my mind...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:56 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have an 8 year old daughter that has not given me any problems to get ready and go to school... Now she is starting to cry every morning, and she keeps saying how much she is going to miss me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
saltlifemama
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I would talk to her and find why she is getting upset. If she doesn't seem to have a good reason then just let her go through it.

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I would find out if there is something going on at school that is making her not want to cooperate in the mornings.

Truluv4ever
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM

AWE! I feel for you and your daughter! I don't really have much advice for you because I am going through this with my daughter(almost 7yrs.) right now and I went through it with my older daughter when she was 8! I just asked this same question on this site the other day in "ask the teacher"! I got a good bit of advice there, maybe you could try to find it & read it. This is super hard to deal with and the "But I will miss you too much" thing is exactly what my daughter said to me the other day! UGH.....I wish I could help but I am looking for the same help! With my older daughter(she's almost 11 now)I just let her go through it, helped her as much as I could and most days just made her go to school.       Good Luck~ 

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Give her something little (it doesn't have to be fancy or valuable) that she can keep in her pocket and touch whenever she is overcome with those feelings so she know that you are thinking of her and that she will see you soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)