Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Report Cards & Rewards? Edit/Update!

Posted by   + Show Post

My parents always treated me to pizza or ice cream whenver I got a good report card, and the school always gave out prizes as well (pizza hut coupons, etc). 

I want to think of something creative for DD, who is in Kindergarten, because she has had two perfect report cards with all  'over exceeds expectations", since pizza isn't really a treat (yeah not that healthy but she gets it at lunch at school once a week and we have it twice a month at home),. I thought about going to the Frozen Yogurt place, but it's expensive.

Do you give your kids something for a good report card?

Edit:

A lot of you are saying that you don't reward for something that's expected, and I can agree with that. I don't want to go over the top but I think a little something isn't going to hurt them.  We just got back from DD2's teacher conference and she had a great report too. It's been raining for six days straight here, so they haven't been outside in almost a week. After school today. we're going to go to Chick Fil A and get ice cream and let them play on the play ground.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Replies (101-105):
WannaBeAMom315
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:58 AM

I got to keep my cell phone in high school as long as I stayed out of trouble and above a 3.0. It taught me responsibility and that I had to work for my wants they werent just handed to me.

WannaBeAMom315
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:23 AM

BUMP!

Aishamusty
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:18 AM

It's called motivation a small treat for good grades wouldn't kill anyone 

lazyd
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I dont PAY (hand over money) for good grades.  I know a lot of parents do that.  But like people say...good grades are expected not to be rewarded.  BUT for doing good in school (overall good grades and behaviour) i do take my kids out for a dinner or ice cream every once in a while and let them know how proud of them i am. 

ivegotrhythm
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I expect nothing lower than a B from my son.  However straight A's will earn him a new video game. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)