Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

if your child's birthday is in the summer

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 21 Replies
so my dd's birthday is in july and i want to have a birthday party for her so she can invite her friends from school.but since her birthday is in the summer i know alot of people wont show up because they are busy doing family things.so i was thinking of having a party for her at the end of may beginning of june when its warm out and its not as crazy for everyone.when do you do your kids parties if they have summer birthdays?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermarie2006
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM
We do them on their birthday week. I get addresses at end of school. My youngests daughters bday is mid Aug.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:09 AM
we have 3 summer birthdays. We just get addresses at the end of the school year. We live in the country so kids around here don't go on vacation they go to work on the farms. So they are happy for the brake to have some fun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I don't have that issue but I would either have the party early in June or late in September. DD was born on Thanksgiving Day so I busually have her party the first or second week in November.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Well, if we hadn't pulled him, ds would have celebrated in May with his preschool class but, we just invite the family and his friends and do it on or around his birthday. We are only doing big parties on bigger birthdays now though. Our dd is turning 7 next week and we're just going to send up some gift bags to the school and she'll have a sleepover with her best friend who does not attend her school. Ds is turning 5 though so he s having a big party this year we just don't know the details just yet, lol. 

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM

We have two July birthdays.  They spend much of the year planning their birthdays :)  If they're going to invite friends from the homeschool center, I'll have them take invitations just before school gets out, then we will get phone numbers, so the kids can call and remind their friends as it gets closer. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest son's birthday is within days of Christmas.  We have always had his birthday party the weekend before his birthday.  Those who can make it do, those who can't don't.  It is a very busy time of the year and I am smart enough to realize that no matter when I have the party, it won't work for everyone.

My advice to you is to pick a day near her actual birthday and go with it.  I can't imagine that you would have any more issues with people being able to attend than we do in December.

jessr1204
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM
My son's birthday is in July. In the past, most kids haven't been able to make it because of vacations, camping trips, etc. I live in Michigan, so the summers are very short, moist people have stuff going every weekend. My son was crushed last year when moist of his good friends couldn't make it. We are going to have his party in early June this year, before everyone gets busy.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM
My oldest son is 14 he always had pool parties, my second son had parties outside at the park, he had a pool party once, and we rented a moonbounce once. My youngest son is 4 his birthday is in the Spring. He has had all four birthday parties at the same park.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Her birthday is a few days before the 4th of July so people are always busy we are going to do it the 2nd weekend in June she wants to have a carnival party so we are going to buy all the games and such should be a fun time

Quoting steelcrazy:

My oldest son's birthday is within days of Christmas.  We have always had his birthday party the weekend before his birthday.  Those who can make it do, those who can't don't.  It is a very busy time of the year and I am smart enough to realize that no matter when I have the party, it won't work for everyone.

My advice to you is to pick a day near her actual birthday and go with it.  I can't imagine that you would have any more issues with people being able to attend than we do in December.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Thats what i dont want to happen so we are doing it the 2nd weekend of June

Quoting jessr1204:

My son's birthday is in July. In the past, most kids haven't been able to make it because of vacations, camping trips, etc. I live in Michigan, so the summers are very short, moist people have stuff going every weekend. My son was crushed last year when moist of his good friends couldn't make it. We are going to have his party in early June this year, before everyone gets busy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)