Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Question PIOG!!!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have a 5 yr old daughter that is in Kindergarten. My problem is that unless someone tell her to go the bathroom she will not go on her own. We keep telling her if she has to the bathroom at home or at school let us know. But that is not helping can you all give me tips to get her to go on her own without us having to remind her all the time. 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Get her a watch that has a timer and set it to go off every hour. Tell her when it goes off that she must STOP whatever she is doing and go.

hwifeandmom
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I agree.  Alternately, you can find out the school class schedule and pick certain times for her to use the bathroom (right after recess, at the beginning of math time, etc).

Quoting mjande4:

Get her a watch that has a timer and set it to go off every hour. Tell her when it goes off that she must STOP whatever she is doing and go.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Bump

Madisonsmommy1
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Bump. I haven't ran into that problem. My 5 n half yr old never had that problem n neither does my 2 yr old. My 2 yr old is always telling us ok I going potty. I would try the watch timer thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM

That's what I was going to say. See if the teacher can help you remind her go right after lunch or right before PE. Whenever it works with her schedule. 

Quoting hwifeandmom:

I agree.  Alternately, you can find out the school class schedule and pick certain times for her to use the bathroom (right after recess, at the beginning of math time, etc).

Quoting mjande4:

KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:35 PM
My DD did this. I told her teacher to make her go at every potty break whether she had to or not. I also told DD that accidents at school would result in losing computer time at home. It improved. Shes in first now and has been great.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM
What sort of discipline do you use when she soils herself?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)