Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Welcome to Elementary School Kids! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 838 Replies
11 moms liked this

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Elementary School Kids group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Elementary School Kids!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Replies (1-10):
Mocking.Jay
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM
4 moms liked this

Hi. My name is Krista. I have a 5 year old son who's going into grade 1 in September. I decided to not send my son to Kindergarten because it isn't mandatory here. I did a lot of research and decided to keep him in daycare one last year because there is a lot of evidence that children are not learning enough to socialize by the time they get to actual grade school, so by letting him get the "play" routine out of his system, he will be ready to learn. :)

I hope to learn some very valuable things in this group as I am studying to be an elementary school teacher! I chose the early years stream because I feel I will connect more having a child this age! I should be starting my practicum in September! 

Iamsweetypie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi everyone my son Connor is in public school but only Pre-K. His school does Pre-K through 5th grade. He is considered special -ed and he does have an IEP it is for speech and Sensory Processing Disorder but he is still currently in a normal classroom. I am so nervous about the transition from 3 hrs a day 5 days a week Pre-K to all day Kindergarten. I don't know how he will handle it ( he hates change and right when he is starting Kindergarten his new brother or sister will be born). A lot of change for one child. I am hoping to meet other moms on this fun journey

mia2708
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM
3 moms liked this
Hi
My name is Gabriella i have a 4 years old who will be aKindergartener in september.
I signed up here so if i will have any question in the future i know where to go and get answer.:)
Naturalmom304
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello Ladies! I am a wife and mother of 4. Two boys in 4th and 2nd grade and twin girls in K.  I have worked in Elementary Education, I have a CE in K-5 from NJ, but recently moved to MD and waiting for my CE to be transfered.  Hoping to learn and share.

https://www.natural4.kitsylane.com/

dee9763
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM
3 moms liked this

I actually found that starting the kids in school early really helps. I have 4 and its so hard to get into preschool where I live so my 2nd (daughter) has been the only one that had been accepted to preschool and that was only because she was so shy. They took her for social reasons. She def has come out of her shell at school but with my 2 boys that didn't get that chance to go to preschool I feel like my daughter has had that head start. My oldest boy caught up and is passed where he should be but I felt he had to catch up to where my daughter kept ahead. Good luck to you and only you know whats best for your child just wanted to give you another side of it. :)

Geena_Page
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM
4 moms liked this
Hi my name is Gina and I'm married with 3 boys ages 7 year old twins, and a 14 year old. I work outside of the home, hubby goes to night classes pursuing his AA degree. I am hoping to gain valuable information and advice here! Hoping to develop good, strong, reliable friendships as well!
Nyx12
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

hi my name is shannon, i have a 4 year old who will be 5 unless then a month. im trying to decide if im going to enroll him in school come september but im not sure just  yet. im going to schoo for my early childhood education degree.

LDT1990
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello my name is Lisa and my son is 5 and he is going to kindergaten in the fall. I dont like the schools where i live.I would like some help. I like Schools in a different state. What would you do

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Hey !! I'm Stephanie. I have a 5yr old son, Will. He's currently in K5 at a private Christian school. Glad to have found this group :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KimmiePooh1984
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi everyone! My name is Kim I'm 28yo with 2 girls one 9 she's in 3rd and a 6yo she's in KG. I'm hoping to make some new friends. I live in Orlando. Hope everyone has a good week!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)