Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Welcome to Elementary School Kids! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Elementary School Kids group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Elementary School Kids!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Replies (831-838):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MSJAP2010:

Hi ladies, I'm Stephanie. I'm 37 with my baby in kindergarten. I cried his first day of school lol. My daughter is 16, my stepdaughter is 17. Having teenage girls & a 5 year old boy has proven to be a challenge lol. I am currently a stay at home mom while I get my diabetes under control. I had to take some time off from college to take care of my medical issues. I don't always have time to get on here but please feel free to talk. Have a great day/night
Stephanie

Welcome to the group Stephanie.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Welcome to the group Amanda.
Quoting Amanda-65:

hi there. i'm Amanda, mom of 5 and step mom to 2. my youngest is in elementary school. she's in 3rd grade.

Traceymomoftwo
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I am Tracey. :)  I have two children, an 8yr old Son, and a 5 yr old Daughter .  My Son dislikes school as much as an 8 yr old can and expresses this freely. :)  My 5yr old who prior to going to school loved learning, dislikes it as well, she complains she is the only child that ls behaved and she has no friends-omg.  My son, he hmm, is starting to come out of his shell and exploring the rules at school and home. I meanwhile am ready to pull my hair out. :)  I believe strongly in positive reinforcement, I use the motivation tools, and they are not working for my 8yr old.  He is making great grades, but he HATES writing, and I am afraid of giving him  to many consequences and adding to the already bad attitude he carries about school, on the flip side, aware if I don't find his point of enough-and turn him around that this will stay with him and have long term consequences for him in many areas of his life.  So, if anyone has had to deal with this I would love to hear how you dealt with it. FYI- The school- if the kids do not finish their class work, they are in detention, while the other children do exploratory classes, they- my child is expected to finish his work.  Sometimes he may and sometimes he doesn't.  I have yet to take away everything from him, is it or would it be that simple and work to say- You have your bed and desk, and until you do what you are supposed to thats it? uggghh, it seems harsh for a second grader.  Frustrated!

Sincerely,

Tracey Wright

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Welcome to the group. Please feel free to make a post about the issue you described below. Making a post will insure other members will see it and offer advice and suggestions.
Quoting Traceymomoftwo:

Hi, I am Tracey. :)  I have two children, an 8yr old Son, and a 5 yr old Daughter .  My Son dislikes school as much as an 8 yr old can and expresses this freely. :)  My 5yr old who prior to going to school loved learning, dislikes it as well, she complains she is the only child that ls behaved and she has no friends-omg.  My son, he hmm, is starting to come out of his shell and exploring the rules at school and home. I meanwhile am ready to pull my hair out. :)  I believe strongly in positive reinforcement, I use the motivation tools, and they are not working for my 8yr old.  He is making great grades, but he HATES writing, and I am afraid of giving him  to many consequences and adding to the already bad attitude he carries about school, on the flip side, aware if I don't find his point of enough-and turn him around that this will stay with him and have long term consequences for him in many areas of his life.  So, if anyone has had to deal with this I would love to hear how you dealt with it. FYI- The school- if the kids do not finish their class work, they are in detention, while the other children do exploratory classes, they- my child is expected to finish his work.  Sometimes he may and sometimes he doesn't.  I have yet to take away everything from him, is it or would it be that simple and work to say- You have your bed and desk, and until you do what you are supposed to thats it? uggghh, it seems harsh for a second grader.  Frustrated!

Sincerely,

Tracey Wright

MomtoAlexis05
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:23 PM

lesbiansHello everyone, I'm Carrie, 32 yr old mother of 8 yo daughter Alexis Nicole. I am divorced/ happily remarried and my I share split custody of Alexis 3 days a wk and every other wkend. I'd like to be able to understand my 'elementary' school age child better, and hope to connect w/ other mothers who are wishing to do the same. I want a better relationship w/ my daughter esp since our time together is limited. I hope some mothers out there can relate to my situation and will befriend me. Nice to meet all of you!! :D:D

MomtoAlexis05
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Wow yea detention a lil harsh for that age if I understand that correctly? I am wondering if you can use a certain logic such as giving him a special privilage if he gets it all done in a timely manner such as we Will go to the playground or maybe visit the the dollar store or w/e ? I wouldn't advise visiting 'stores' but only out of the blue as you know that will built it's own lil monster lol but like, say, something he likes to do at home, say you will give him an hr free time to do that thing (play w/ the kindle/nook example) if he does his school work properly. I think that is still in the lines of positive enforcement. Please let us know what you come up w/ :) Best of luck to you guys!! ~Carrie~

chantismom
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Hi,  Carole here. I'm a single mom of a wonderful 10 yr old daughter in 5th grade. We just moved so she has had to start at a new school and although she has friends, she's discovering that while she got As at her old school, she's getting Cs here. So we're working on homework together and talking with the teacher. I had her when I was 40 (I'm 50 now) so unlike 20 something moms, what I learned was sooooo long ago things aren't even taught the same way!

cynkentayjus1
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Hi ladies. Haven't been here in awhile. I had a almost fatal mva accident. And now I'm getting ME back. I havea beautiful 4.0 dd 13 and my handsome little man he's 10 he hasa few issues Unfortunately. He is bipolar Adhd/add/odd But like I said my ds is my little man. My husband and I love these 2 like no tomorrow.
I'm happy to be back and I'm happy to see I'm not the only mom with these wonderful kids.......

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN