Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

kindergarten valentine's day party

Posted by   + Show Post

I am in charge of my son's kindergarten valentine's party and i need some ideas of a craft to do or a game- anything really. any ideas?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Replies (11-19):
frzmamaof4
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:11 AM
My dds' class are collecting kids' shoe boxes to decorate as Valentines' Mailboxes to collect cards:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Make big hearts, the way you would snowflakes, on pink construction paper in different shades of pink. Let kids decorate the room and principal's office.

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this

You could do a Valentine's Day themed Bingo Game.  All you need is a pack of plain Bingo cards, and then you can use either heart shaped candies, or heart shaped foam pieces as bingo markers.Write down the directions on little slips of paper (ie: B 2, or A heart etc), and have fun.  I have even seen holiday themed bingo kits at local party stores. I got one for my kids for Halloween. They loved it. My daughter's class played this last year and the kids loved it.  I also send in valentine's for each member of my kids' classes, and Pass out heat shaped lollypops, valentine's Day themed pencils(you can get a 12 pack of these at Dollar tree for a $), or pens.  The dollar store or a discount party store is a great place to find items for Valentine's Day Partys. Good luck.

wifeynmommie80
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Your read my mind

Quoting Idntreallycare:

if they're exchanging valentines after, or during the party, help them make a cute valentine holder.... my son's last year was pretty simple, it was 2 big hearts made out of construction paper stapled together at the bottom so it held the valentines.

periwinkle163
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Hobby Lobby has the cutest little foam love bug frames. I'm going to do them at our girl scout party with the girls.

prettyinpink2
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Do big Kisses with Rice Krispties and the top of a 2 liter.  Have the kids wrap in foil. (Or us water bottles for smaller ones)

calsmom62
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Decorate a cupcake, if food is allowed, decorate a foam Valentine doorhanger or bookmark. A little goody bag of Valentine treasures, a dice game with fuzzy pink and red dice, they will probably already have some sort of mailbox for their valentines day. Our school also does party in a box in some classrooms. . Each child brings in a decorated shoebox with snack, juice, napkin,a little treasure....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)