Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Kindergarten

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM
  • 13 Replies

hello

Im a mom for a soon to (september) kindergartener:0 )

Any one head headaches about need to get a job or how i going to work if dont have any help?

Where is the best place to get ajob to be with my kid scheduele?i would work at ningh but than i will have alock of sleep an no time for anything as far be patient etc?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommie510
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I have to work. I work at my children's school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

You can see if the school district is hiring. I have a friend who subbed for the district for a while then was hired as a teacher's aide, and another who works in the cafeteria.

corrinacs
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I agree, the best way to have a schedule that coincides with theirs is to have a job in the district.  There are many jobs they have listed, just go to the website for the district.  It would probably be ::your county"" publicschools.gov

Good luck :)

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM

A lot of grocery stores and fast food places will hire you and have you work during school hours.  Also house cleaning companys, you generally work from 9-1 Monday - Friday.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

try for a job in the district, or anything part time. If there's a thrift store nearby, I was told they have like a 9-3 shift, which would work great with my school's schedule.... (another thing about working in the district, at least in my area, is great benefits if you get enough hours)

mia2708
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

wow Thank you ladies !Its helped alot:)

janitablue
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you can be a home health aide. The class is short. If you are recieving unemployment they will pay for your trade school. If you can tolerate blood, wounds, stool, and enjoy working with people this might be the job for you. The postive aspect of this job you can choose your own hours but the negative aspect of the job the hours can be between, two, five , if you luck sometimes eight hours. 

AleaKat
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a job at a school.
See if they need a teachers aid or something.
Post office.
DMV
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
story0702
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what Im doing. I sub . I can take the days I want and turn down days if I need to . With my hubby being a otr truck driver this works out perfectly . 

Quoting wakymom:

You can see if the school district is hiring. I have a friend who subbed for the district for a while then was hired as a teacher's aide, and another who works in the cafeteria.

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure what kind of person you are or if this would fit your life style but you could look into being a host family for an exchange student or we have agency's that are looking for a home that has the space and time to help a disabled adult. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)