Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Yes ma'am its broken.............sigh

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 22 Replies

And we add another broken bone to our family list.  Last night my DS (9) was running and well he ran down the driveway not realizing at the end was his sister (8) on her bicycle and well they colided (she won).  DH said oh they are fine (I knew he wasn't) so we gave him a bath and off to bed he went.  This morning he couldn't put any weight on it so off to the ortho we go.  1 pretty pink cast (cause he wanted to support breast cancer awareness for his gma - my MIL) and we are off for an MRI.  Why do my children feel the need to break things on and/or near the growth plate is beyond me but it seems to be their favorite place (1 broken elbow a broken thumb a humerus and now the ankle).  Ugggggg.  Just another fine day in my crazy home!!!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope it heals quickly. My son has never broken anything.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor kid : (   That's very sweet w/ his choice of cast color, though.

Dd had a broken wrist last May- it's amazing how a broken bone doesn't really slow them down much!

Hope he heals quickly!

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yikes, hopefully he heals quickly. My son is clumsy, hopefully he won't ever break a bone though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
saltlifemama
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Dang! I hope he heals up fast. I am so thankful that we haven't had any broken bones in our family.

corrinacs
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww, I know the feeling :/.  My son alraedy broke an arm too, and he's only 5 LOL.

Hopefully it heals pretty well!  Luckily, my son's wasn't on the growth plate....but pretty darn close!

janitablue
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor kid I wish him a smooth and speedy recovery. Kudos to him for support his gma.  He is a superstar in my eyes.

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Hope it heals soon
babynurse244
by Beth on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Murphy's law regarding the growith plate.... That's so sweet he wanted a pink cast. I hope his friends support him in his effort and don't tease him. Kids can be mean.
the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Hope he heals quickly. I have 3 boys and none of them have ever broken a bone. In fact, neither have DH or I...knock on wood!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Trini
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)