Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Up And Coming Kindergartener

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 57 Replies

My DD just got accepted to a local private school for Kindergarten. She did her assessment testing on Friday. 

So I am new to the group. I decided to join a little early to kinda see what this group is all about.

I am so nervous. I mean my daughter attends PREK, but it's just not the same for one she only goes half days for 2 days a week. She is beyond ready and has even asked to add an extra day to Prek (which we are considering), but I don;t know Elementary School! Scary. She will be in school with 5th graders. It freaks me out.

So I guess I am going to catch up on some posts. (:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Iamsweetypie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:21 PM

My son does public school pre-k. Its an elemantary school with pre-k through 5th grade. The Pre-k and Kindergartners have their own wing so its not so overwhelming for him. I am just not looking forward to him going to all day next year. I worry about that transition

mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM

what does he do now? like 5 days half days? my daughter is enrolled in a preschool but you have a 2 or 3 day option (full isn't an option) it's not a public but not a daycare its more like a MDO but its not in a church or anything. anyway she really wants to do the tues wed thurs (they only offer those three days or tues/thurs) i just don't want to add on a day right now. i mean this is my last time having my little girl home most of the time. it sucks.

Quoting Iamsweetypie:

My son does public school pre-k. Its an elemantary school with pre-k through 5th grade. The Pre-k and Kindergartners have their own wing so its not so overwhelming for him. I am just not looking forward to him going to all day next year. I worry about that transition

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Iamsweetypie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:45 PM

He has mornings home with me and then 3 hours of Pre-K Monday through Friday. Here in Ct its part of public school so we have no options on schedule

mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Oh wow that's still not bad.

Quoting Iamsweetypie:

He has mornings home with me and then 3 hours of Pre-K Monday through Friday. Here in Ct its part of public school so we have no options on schedule

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I am sure if the school is set up like others in the country, kinders get a bit more isolation from older grades and will gain a "buddy"as well.  DD is in 1st grade public school and she has a 5th grade buddy.  Last year she had a 2nd grade buddy  LOL.  Our school is so small by 2nd week of school beginning, everyone knows who the kinders are.  We have maximum 500 students in the school.

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM
She will be fine,dd has been doing all day 8-4 since she was 4. And she did fine she is in kinder now
mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:35 PM
The kinders have 4 the grade buddies at the school she will be in

Quoting frndlyfn:

I am sure if the school is set up like others in the country, kinders get a bit more isolation from older grades and will gain a "buddy"as well.  DD is in 1st grade public school and she has a 5th grade buddy.  Last year she had a 2nd grade buddy  LOL.  Our school is so small by 2nd week of school beginning, everyone knows who the kinders are.  We have maximum 500 students in the school.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Well she was in daycare 5 days a week doing 830-530 while i worked too many hrs and not worth working to pay daycare for two kids son I quit.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

She will be fine,dd has been doing all day 8-4 since she was 4. And she did fine she is in kinder now

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:39 PM

She will have so much fun then.

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting frndlyfn:

mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I hope so!

Quoting frndlyfn:

She will have so much fun then.

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)