Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

*Update* I want to cry!! I need advice, DS acting out in school?!!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:13 PM
  • 19 Replies
DS is in kindergarten... He was student of the month last month. Today I got a call from his teacher that he has been acting out in class all week!! My heart is broken. I didn't raise a kid like that? Why is he acting out?! I'm sure I'm making a bigger deal out of nothing but I'm sad :-(

I emailed his teacher this morning and asked her to let me know how the day goes. She said he was very good today and wishful thinking for next week
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Has anything changed? Is anything going on in school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:18 PM

How was he acting out? Was he following other classmates in bad choices?  Children can have bad days or bad weeks, we just need to guide them back to their potential.

Bonita131
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM

How is he acting out? Is he being a brat? harrassing someone? Being sassy to the teacher? Refusing to sit and do his work, or play nicely? Acting out can mean a lot of things.

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:51 PM
He has been on a really good schedule lately!! The holiday craziness is calming down. He has complained about a girl being mean to him but nothing really stands out

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Has anything changed? Is anything going on in school?

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM
He gets so caught up in bad things other are doing that he gets himself into trouble.... And he wouldn't take responsibility for anything he does

Quoting Bonita131:

How is he acting out? Is he being a brat? harrassing someone? Being sassy to the teacher? Refusing to sit and do his work, or play nicely? Acting out can mean a lot of things.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:55 PM

You need to talk to him to find out why he was misbehaving in school, then offer him some solutions on what he should do instead.  You may also want to consider some form of discipline at home to help reinforce that you support his teacher and do not tolerate bad behavior at school.

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:00 PM
He plays video games(cod) with DH I don't like anyways so I told him no more. I told him if he misbehaves tomorrow his Ipod will be taken away.

Quoting steelcrazy:

You need to talk to him to find out why he was misbehaving in school, then offer him some solutions on what he should do instead.  You may also want to consider some form of discipline at home to help reinforce that you support his teacher and do not tolerate bad behavior at school.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM

YIKES!  Not touching that one with a 10 foot pole.  Good luck.

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

He plays video games(cod) with DH I don't like anyways so I told him no more. I told him if he misbehaves tomorrow his Ipod will be taken away.

Quoting steelcrazy:

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM
All kids have their off days,and to teachers a kid who talks without raising their hand is disruptive. Even if he did it one time,relax and talk to him first.
Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM

My son is 5 and in pre k he was acting up all last week. I found that taking things away did not effect him at all. He has been talking for months about ice skating.  So starting last week I told him if he was good at school mon and Tuesday he can skate on Tuesday after school. Then again on Wednesday and Thursday he can skate on Thursday afternoons. If I get any bad report in those 2 days he does not go. It has worked like a charm. He has been better than better. I tried taking away his nabi but he has so many other toys it doesn't matter if one is missing. We do stickers for getting ready without reminders and after he gets 5 stickers he gets an ice cream. This works for us because we don't have ice cream unless it's earned. Hope these ideas help a little. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)